Organization issues

Drguyks

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if somebody could recommend a good organizational app for my Sims 4 image Library. The Sorting app on my Android smartphone puts things out of chronological order. I tried sorting them by name and I've tried sorting them by date but they always seem to be out of order. I am currently using the default file organizer that came with the smartphone. Is there anything that could work better at sorting my images and keep them chronological? The weird part is I think the app is working fine (aka my files) but somehow the system can't seem to make up its mind as to what order the photos should be. It puts images that were taken out of order. An example would be it would place the photo that was taken at midnight in between the photo that was taken at 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. I have tried posting about this matter in The Sims 4 forum but nobody had any idea. Furthermore I was directed to go to a forum like this. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it corrected?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What format are these images -- standard jpg or png, or something proprietary? Is there date/time information in the filename itself? If these are standard image files, is there a "Created" date/time in the EXIF data?

Drguyks

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What format are these images -- standard jpg or png, or something proprietary? Is there date/time information in the filename itself? If these are standard image files, is there a "Created" date/time in the EXIF data?
They are a PNG format. The file name is the date and time in which the photo was taken. I copy them onto my smartphone via USB C cable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem may be that the apps you're using to view the images are using the file creation date to sort, and the file creation date will depend on when the file was created on your phone. If you copy the file from some other device to your phone, you're effectively changing the creation date/time to when you copied the file. Look for a gallery app that sorts by when an image was actually taken -- I think Piktures can do that.