I have a unknown, unnamed account in my settings. If clicked on my settings crash

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I stumbled upon something strange in my Samsung galaxy S8 settings and was hoping maybe someone could tell me what it might be. When I go into settings, then accounts & backup, then accounts, and finally add account the is an account that isnt mine. This account has no name and an android emoji. When I click on it it takes me.back to the previous menu and when I clik on it a second time it causes settings to crash. Hope you can shed some light on this for me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So that's not an account in itself -- it's just a type of account you can add, and the fact that it's blank suggests that the app or service the account was for has been removed from the phone. Have you deleted or disabled any preinstalled app from the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with mustang7757 (although Gadget Guardian is from Lookout, which is a pretty respectable company, so I doubt that it's doing anything malicious).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you get your phone from Boost Mobile, or did you get it from somewhere else and bring it to Boost? If the latter, then perhaps the missing account type had to do with the original carrier that the phone came from.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I wonder if that used to be where a Boost Zone account used to be. It would make sense, since apart from the Samsung account at the top, everything else is alphabetical.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power