My phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) was stolen a couple of months ago and, up until recently, I would take a gander at Google Find my Device and Samsung Find My Phone in an attempt to track it, to no avail. About a week ago, I could no longer see my phone in the list on Google and today, that proved true for Samsung, as well.

Is this happening as a result of the thief or other party unregistering my device or something? Can something be done about this?
    02-27-2020 06:05 AM
    It could be its battery is depleted.

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-27-2020 08:40 AM
    Thank you for responding. I should have clarified a bit more. Tracking wasn't the most accurate word I could have used there. Whenever I attempted to do so, it couldn't locate my phone because my phone was offline. Now however, on Samsung's Find My Phone service, it says "No registered devices". What I would like to know is if this is an indication that the thief/third party unregistered my phone and if there are any moves I can make in my position. I have been thinking of of calling Samsung services to have my phone blocked to be completely unusable, but I'd like for that to be a last resort.
    02-27-2020 10:59 AM
    Hi, welcome !
    Did you haved a password or fingerprint on when you llost the phone?

If you decide to delete data when it comes online it wont be trackable anymore
    02-27-2020 11:41 AM
    What shows up in Google's Find My Device? Did you ever send a remote wipe command?
    02-27-2020 12:09 PM
    I do have a PIN on my phone, but it was grabbed off of me when it was unlocked, so I suppose there is some potential there assuming that it wasn't shut off immediately after. Yeah, that's why I'm hoping that blocking the phone entirely to be an absolutle last resort.

For Google's Find My Device, it just doesn't show up anymore. Previously, I could choose between tracking that and my work phone. As of a couple of weeks ago, only my work phone is an option now. Would you all say the last resort is the only option here?
    02-28-2020 05:29 AM
    My phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) was stolen a couple of months ago and, up until recently, I would take a gander at Google Find my Device and Samsung Find My Phone in an attempt to track it, to no avail. About a week ago, I could no longer see my phone in the list on Google and today, that proved true for Samsung, as well.

Is this happening as a result of the thief or other party unregistering my device or something? Can something be done about this?
    Someone would have to access your account to remove it from the list.
    02-28-2020 05:46 AM
    If you reported it stolen it should have been blacklisted. You wouldn't see it.
    02-28-2020 07:37 AM
    If you reported it stolen it should have been blacklisted. You wouldn't see it.
    Im pretty sure you should still be able to see it listed in your account until you physically remove it
    02-28-2020 07:45 AM
    I believe the carrier removes it.
    The OP can confirm or not.
    02-28-2020 07:49 AM
    I believe the carrier removes it.
    The OP can confirm or not.
    Unless they have recently changed something it should still be listed in your account until you remove it. It won't do much good to track it if the device has been reset or offline.
    02-28-2020 08:08 AM
    How can a carrier access your Google Account?
    02-28-2020 08:12 AM
    I think if reported stolen all they could do is stop it from working on other networks , not erasing device or personal information on the device.
    02-28-2020 08:31 AM
    How can a carrier access your Google Account?
    They can't but they can prevent your account from linking to the device
    anon(10614692) likes this.
    02-28-2020 08:32 AM
    Devices get recognized by the lost device app. A blacklisted device is "gone" I know my old LG dropped off the list after about 2 months. But it's in my drawer, and I powered it up to see what would happen without logging in. Still doesn't show up.
    02-28-2020 08:41 AM
    I did report it as stolen about two hours after the incident. The police have never contacted me. I even provided its IMEI number. I did call my phone network too and they blocked my SIM for me. Whenever I checked my phone on Google Find My Phone or Samsung Find My Device it always said my phone couldn't be located because it was offline.

Interesting to hear that your device also is no longer on the list, Method. It has been about two months since my device was stolen, too. Could that be the real reason it's no longer showing up on either list? Because it's been two months since I reported the incident to the police? I don't want to entertain the idea that a third party has access to my phone and unregistered it from Google or Samsung somehow.
    02-28-2020 09:07 AM
    I found this: https://support.google.com/android/t...13181256?hl=en. It says that a device is removed from your device list 28 days after it has been signed out.
    02-28-2020 10:21 AM
    I knew I wasn't dreaming
    02-28-2020 11:59 AM
    I found this: https://support.google.com/android/t...13181256?hl=en. It says that a device is removed from your device list 28 days after it has been signed out.
    That's what I thought.....key word is signed out. Not sure how it works with black listed devices.
    02-28-2020 12:21 PM