How to get galaxy gallery to act like iPhone gallery?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On iPhone, old photos automatically move to the cloud but I can still see them in the gallery and if I try to open any of them it gets downloaded on demand. How do I get the same behavior on Samsung galaxy 8?

P.S.
I can't get more Samsung cloud storage.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I can't get more Samsung cloud storage.

Well, first you need enough cloud storage to have room to move the images there.

Google Photos does what you're looking for, but it's a different cloud storage location.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The way Google Photos works, you can automatically back up your photos to your Google Photos in the cloud. The photos will remain locally saved on your phone as well, unless or until you choose the Delete from Device option for a specific photo, or use the Free Up Space option in Google Photos (which will delete all locally saved photos from the phone that Google Photos knows have been backed up to the cloud). The photos will still be easily accessible from the cloud as long as you have a web connection, but if you want to download the photo back to storage, that's easily done as well (although it isn't automatic).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon