Hello all! I have a LG G7, great device, but since 3 months ago none of its 4k videos are playing on smart TVs, only on the phone and PC... Does anyone know how to fix that? Thanks a lot!
    03-03-2020 06:03 PM
    Hello all! I have a LG G7, great device, but since 3 months ago none of its 4k videos are playing on smart TVs, only on the phone and PC... Does anyone know how to fix that? Thanks a lot!
    What little I know suggests that you need a 4K or UHD TV to accomplish that. I had a 2013 model TV until early December 2019 and the 4K videos wouldn't play on that TV. They display nicely on the new TV and it's been a revelation.
    tube517 and VidJunky like this.
    03-03-2020 07:24 PM
    Could it be file format? If they used to work but aren't working now, is it the new videos that aren't working or all of them?

I'm not the videographer so can't say I know much. I do know that in the past I've had issues with videos from devices playing anywhere but on the device that captured them. I know codecs and file type played a part in that. And I know I've spent several hours reformatting files to get them to work in different places. Where I'm uncertain is if changing the format also changes the quality, and if it might, are there lateral formats that retain the quality?

Just curious, what happens when you attempt to play these files?

Here's a link to help you create an account so that you may respond to this thread... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    03-03-2020 11:02 PM