[System UI stopped responding LG G4]

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Keep getting the "unfortunately, System UI has stopped responding." error. I am given the option to hit "ok". After hitting ok it disappears for only a second or two and I can't hit any buttons save for volume (which does nothing) and power to turn off the screen, restart or power off the phone and turn on airplane mode. It takes a few tries to turn it off or restart it with so little time between notification pop-ups.

I've tried powering it up via holding power and one volume key and on another occasion power and the other volume key but it does not put it in recovery mode.

Any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the screen doesn't respond to any touch, then the touchscreen may have failed. You'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop to get that replaced, and for further testing if needed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For this to be happening in Safe Mode, there must either be a hardware or firmware issue. I'm not sure if it'll be possible to reflash the firmware in the condition your phone is in, so unfortunately, your best option is probably to bring it to a repair shop.