Home Android Central Q&A > Ask a Question

Galaxy note 9 power button wont work?

Asked: Mar 07 2020 | 10:37 am EST 724 Views 8 Answers View Best Answer

Power button stopped functioning. Its still clicking and volume and Bixby buttons are fine. It spammed out a little and the power off options screen kept coming up and then it won't work. I tried to hard reset it twice. Button still clicks and occasionally the power off screen comes on but not often. Screen doesn't turn off

Best Answer

Mar 07 2020 | 8:44 pm EST belodion

^ Think of get by, get across, get into, get through, get over, get with, get up, get to, get out, get under, get you, get it, get real, and no doubt others, which must be exceedingly difficult for non-native speakers to understand, but which are simple enough for native speakers. I am ashamed of my own language.

Anyways, OP, we think that we have probably understood you well enough.

More Answers

Mar 07 2020 | 2:17 pm EST belodion

I dont know what "spammed out" means - and doubt that our non-native English speakers will either - but you could try flood-cleaning with alcohol.

Mar 07 2020 | 2:54 pm EST tube517

I dont know what "spammed out" means - and doubt that our non-native English speakers will either - but you could try flood-cleaning with alcohol.
Spammed = Spazzed? maybe, possibly? I have no idea. LOL

You're right, Belodion. Never heard that one before.

Mar 07 2020 | 8:00 pm EST belodion

When texting on these forums, I try to use clear, plain English of a kind most likely to be understood by non-native speakers, and to avoid colloquialisms for that reason. Whether I succeed, I don't know, but I do try.
I'm always open to criticism.

Mar 07 2020 | 8:13 pm EST VidJunky

When texting on these forums, I try to use clear, plain English of a kind most likely to be understood by non-native speakers, and to avoid colloquialisms for that reason. Whether I succeed, I don't know, but I do try.
I'm always open to criticism.
I understand what you're saying and I also try to use clear terms that should translate well but English is riddled with slang and the $4 dollar word you used. Frankly it's not always easy or natural to speak (type) that way.

For the record when they said "spammed out" my mind raced ahead and I thought they were going to say that they started getting ads of some kind until read further. Then I assumed that they had meant "spazzed out" and just used the wrong word. Like a "Russian racehorse" instead of a "rushing racehorse". LOL