it seems there was some sort of update and now every time I listen to a text and Android auto asks if I want to reply, more than half the time it doesn't work. It sometimes works properly and recites it back and then asks if I want to send it or it simply says sorry I can't help with that.
    03-10-2020 04:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you initiating this by saying "Hey Google, show my my messages"? Or is Google Assistant initiating it by prompting you that you have a new message?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    03-10-2020 04:31 PM
    try rebooting the phone.
    03-11-2020 03:50 AM
    I have rebooted but the issue persists. It's intermittent though. I have found that attempting the response a few times it eventually works. I still can't tell if my short response works better than longer ones. I am connecting to my 2018 Buick Encore with a USB-C cable to my Samsung Note 10+ 5G.

Not sure what else to do.

Additionally:

I noticed a couple of days ago that the icon for "News" was gone from the Android home screen and when I said "Hey Google, play the news," it played news in a different format. It used to start with NPR news, Wall St. Journal, then USA Today, etc. Now it plays news briefs from sources I never selected in the app. It also throws in between the national news, stories from local sources.

I then noticed the "News" icon came back yesterday on the home screen for Android Auto in the Buick.

This is all completely different and my reason to think Google updated something that not only changes ALL my original sources for news but it's affecting how Android Auto responds with prompts when I'm texting.

Thanks,
    Richard
    03-11-2020 11:47 AM
    Go to Settings > Apps. Find Google. Tap the 3 dots and uninstall updates. (If that fixes it, go to Play and turn off updates for Google.)
    VidJunky likes this.
    03-11-2020 04:32 PM