Let specific mails through dnd

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

How can i have only specific mails from son6e senders notify me while in dnd?

During the night i want to receive emails only from my Arduino surveillance system, is it possible? I have Android 9 and Pocophone f1

Any help is most welcome

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
DND doesn't prevent you from receiving emails. Are you talking about being able to hear a notification tone when you get emails from that specific sender?

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
It can prevent getting notifications for emails but OP wants certain ones to go through , which it wont it's either all or none

I was happy to see all the answers

I read that there is a possibility to set exceptions and allow some apps to overead and sound while in dnd but found no mean to do that on my phone.

If i can set gmail as an exception, there ma be a way to set gmail to notify for some "labels" and categorise my Arduino mails in a specific labels (?)

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was happy to see all the answers

I read that there is a possibility to set exceptions and allow some apps to overead and sound while in dnd but found no mean to do that on my phone.

If i can set gmail as an exception, there ma be a way to set gmail to notify for some "labels" and categorise my Arduino mails in a specific labels (?)

Thanks!
Hi, if you allow gmail to be a exception it will be for all not certain labels , it's not customizable to let certain ones only to get through.

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
You can create a 2nd email account for your alarm account alerts and let that one stay on.

This is very interesting! Of course i can set Arduino to send a mail to a seconf Gmail account

So how do you see the implementation?
Set Gmail to overead dnd
Set 1st account to no notifications or play a silent sound
Set the second to notify and audible sound
?
Or you had another procedure in mind?

And do you know, how do i set Gmail to overead dnd on Pocophone f1?