My phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) has started doing this in the past 3 days and it's just annoying. I will be going through YouTube, Twitter, Google etc. and my phone will just go back to the home screen like I pushed the button.

Let me clarify, this is not a memory problem. I have 15 gigs left on my phone. I have cleared the caches on these apps I know the drill.

And the apps themselves do not close down, I simply just open them on the tab button and they are right back where I left off. It's not exactly a problem I guess, annoying yes, but it isn't supposed to happen.
    03-18-2020 08:42 AM
    Try clearing cache in recovery.

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    03-18-2020 10:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it also happen in Safe Modde? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...galaxy-s7-edge. Is it possible you might be accidentally tapping the Home or Back buttons? Any 3rd party "RAM booster" apps installed?
    03-18-2020 11:45 AM
    Both Diddy and Mustang, this is the OP. Neither thing worked out. Wiping the partition cache helped with general phone use so that's neat. But it's still going to home every now and then. Diddy, I've had this phone way too long to be making mistakes like that.
    03-19-2020 05:46 AM
    Both Diddy and Mustang, this is the OP. Neither thing worked out. Wiping the partition cache helped with general phone use so that's neat. But it's still going to home every now and then. Diddy, I've had this phone way too long to be making mistakes like that.
    Hi welcome to AC!
    Do you use a launcher ?
    03-19-2020 09:03 AM
    Ok, certainly no offense intended -- we get users of widely varied experience here, so it's always worth asking.

Does this mean you also tried Safe Mode, and it still happens? Obviously, you can only test preinstalled apps, but the list of apps you mentioned include preinstalled apps.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-19-2020 03:00 PM