Contacts won't copy to sim card like they will on my at&t phone.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I switched from AT&T to sprint. I liked having my contacts on the sim card. If the phone gies bad, I simply put my card into another phone and bam, there's all my contacts. Although android software supports this, sprint's programming does not. How do I copy my contacts to my sim card on a sprint phone? I have a cat s48c.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
If Spri t firmware doesn't allow, you can't. Best you can do is move contacts to Google, back up and sync with the new device. This is probably the safest way to keep your data as sim cards can fail occasionally

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only reason to keep contacts on the SIM card was because there was no other place to store things before smartphones. Now that there is, there's no reason to keep them on the SIM card, and every reason (like, you don't lose them if the phone is stolen or destroyed) to keep them on the phone, synced to Google. So Google finally removed the capability. It's not AT&T vs. Sprint, it's the older version of Android you had on the AT&T phone vs. the newer version you have on your Sprint phone.