Does disabling/force stopping or downgrading (uninstalling the updates) Carrier Services app affect the functionality of the a phone, given that Google describes it as a core Android apps. It comes preloaded on pretty much all newer Android phones, regardless of brand. Not too many options on what to do with it.

In the past the app was a problem because it was draining the battery quite fast (10-20% just on standby). So I basically disabled it (that option is gone on Android 10).

I understand that the app is meant to enable RCS communications, if supported by one's own carrier, plus other advanced messaging features and battery optimization.

By I'm still not convinced of it's usefulness and functionality. I'm still concerned about the phone working properly and battery drain.

Can anybody clarify this app's importance or lack thereof, it's pluses and minuses?!
    03-30-2020 08:41 AM
    Does disabling/force stopping or downgrading (uninstalling the updates) Carrier Services app affect the functionality of the a phone, given that Google describes it as a core Android apps. It comes preloaded on pretty much all newer Android phones, regardless of brand. Not too many options on what to do with it.

In the past the app was a problem because it was draining the battery quite fast (10-20% just on standby). So I basically disabled it (that option is gone on Android 10).

I understand that the app is meant to enable RCS communications, if supported by one's own carrier, plus other advanced messaging features and battery optimization.

By I'm still not convinced of it's usefulness and functionality. I'm still concerned about the phone working properly and battery drain.

Can anybody clarify this app's importance or lack thereof, it's pluses and minuses?!
    Hey, good question. I have my character services application in my play store uninstalled and disabled. It's only meant for RCS check communication and Android messaging application. I noticed that I saved a little bit of battery but you Can't use RCS chat features. For me, there's no one in my life that I use RCS chat features but so at this point I'm just using texture application for the customization. Hope that helps you out a little bit. now, if you want to use RCS chat features you have to have the tavern Services application enabled. It does not break anything on your phone if you have it turned off.
    adonesc76 likes this.
    03-30-2020 08:43 AM