Best way to set up an old device for child's use?

cooperstar78

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
I recently upgraded my device to a Galaxy S10. I would like to let my child (7) use my old Galaxy S7, but I'd like to limit the apps she can access.
The main app I'd like for her to have access to is my Google Play music app/account. I've tried setting up the Kids Mode function, but the list of apps available for download seems to filter out a number of my apps including Google Play Music, also it seems a bit too young for her at this age.

Would I be better off wiping the phone and starting from scratch, adding only the apps I want her to have access to, or is there another way to set up the phone so that she has her own 'profile' and can only see/access the apps/functions I choose, saving myself the hassle of wiping the phone and reinstalling apps?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I recently upgraded my device to a Galaxy S10. I would like to let my child (7) use my old Galaxy S7, but I'd like to limit the apps she can access.
The main app I'd like for her to have access to is my Google Play music app/account. I've tried setting up the Kids Mode function, but the list of apps available for download seems to filter out a number of my apps including Google Play Music, also it seems a bit too young for her at this age.

Would I be better off wiping the phone and starting from scratch, adding only the apps I want her to have access to, or is there another way to set up the phone so that she has her own 'profile' and can only see/access the apps/functions I choose, saving myself the hassle of wiping the phone and reinstalling apps?
I would wipe the phone, create a new Gmail account, and dl just the apps that you want to use. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20