I cant find my downloaded bank statement?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi..I recently downloaded a bank statement from my Barclays banking app. It said the download was successful and it had gone to my default location. I have looked in my files and other places like one cloud. I cant find this download anywhere. I'm using a samsung galaxy A6. Any ideas where this could be? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the default location specified by the app? Go to Settings>Apps, select the bank app, then Permissions, and make sure Storage permission is turned on.

Darren Moore3

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
I also have this problem, its says its been saved in the default but its not there.permission is on , and also there isn't a download icon in the top bar, I'm using a galaxy s10.
Hope someone can help..TIA Darren

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Check the "recent" in the file manager. It might show there and then if you check "details" it should show what folder it went into. However, I have noticed that the "recent" sometimes doesn't quickly notice new recent files. Not sure if it has to do a re-indexing every once and a while.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
So I went to documents and downloaded my last statement. It got me to give permission to allow the app to write to files. I gave it permission. It opened my download folder and gave me the option to rename my file and put it where I wanted to before clicking save button. It is now in my downloads folder and I can see it in my files app.
047da2282e9ee3d840ae368ef8e1685b.jpg

ScrumpyJack111

Dec 17, 2021
Visit site
I had this problem, when i look on the 'my files' app on my samsung, it doesn't download to the 'downloads' or 'documents' options on the left of the screen.

It downloads to the 'internal storage' option, and in a 'download' fodler within that.

Presumably there is a way to change this location in the Barclays app but i can't see how.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you can't always change the preferred download directory for an app. The developer has to allow for that.