I am looking for either:

A. A cable that can hook into the car's Aux jack and into my phone, BUT, has a control device in the middle so I can: play/pause/skip/answer.

B. A Bluetooth device I can attach to my steering wheel and the stuff mentioned above.
    04-03-2020 10:35 PM
    Which phone?

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-03-2020 10:49 PM
    Something like this *may* work, but isn't a common problem to address. So I can't promise it'll work exactly as you want.

https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Rep...cUvbUpU6769242

I'm not aware of any aux-to-Bluetooth adapters that also have a remote. For something like that, you'd probably have to go all out and replace the stereo. A lot of aftermarket radios come with remotes, and you could do a direct Bluetooth connection to that without an adaptor. It can be pricey, but still an option and you can get a lot better sound as well.
    04-03-2020 11:01 PM
    Which phone?

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154

Why is you asking what phone?
    It's an Aux cable that attaches to the Headphones jack on the phone and into the car.
    It shouldn't matter?
    (Also, I'm the OP btw)
    04-04-2020 04:04 AM
    Why is you asking what phone?
    It's an Aux cable that attaches to the Headphones jack on the phone and into the car.
    It shouldn't matter?
    (Also, I'm the OP btw)
    Because different phones have different connection types ie micro USB, usbc etc
    04-04-2020 04:09 AM
    Because different phones have different connection types ie micro USB, usbc etc
    It's a 3.5mm headphone jack.
    I'm looking for an Aux cable that goes in the bottom of the phone into the car's own 3.5mm headphone jack.
    The type of phone shouldn't matter.
    04-04-2020 04:15 AM
    I just want something external to control my music while I use the YouTube Red App. Play, pause, etc lime back nearly 20 years ago with the Portable CD Walkman players.
    04-04-2020 04:24 AM
    You keep telling us the type of phone doesn't matter, well it does, that's why you were asked. Not all headphone jacks are alike which is why some headphones do not work in other devices not even taking into account pause and skip functions. We still don't know what phone you have. There appear to be cables out there but again it depends on the phone you have.
    I'm not going to contribute further as I don't intend to battle with you since you are looking for help but not being helpful with information to allow us assist you. I have better things to do.
    04-04-2020 07:03 AM
    Next time be up front with reasoning behind your questions .

LG G8 is the phone I have.
    04-04-2020 08:41 AM
    Zoo has a point. I have no idea if there is a aux cable that has a remote control. Perhaps you can check amazon to see if they sell one.
    04-04-2020 09:13 AM