Why is my battery draining so fast?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just bought a new battery for my j3 emerge (2.5 yrs) because the old battery was draining so fast. New battery doing the same. Max battery save mode fixes this but switching it on and off is a pain. Knox, game optimizer, and settings seem to be biggest users. Don't really understand what I'm looking at in system apps. Any ideas?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That was a lower tier phone released 3 years ago. Any "new" battery was likely made around the same time and now old stock. My guess is this replacement battery is simply already worn out due to age alone, and it's unlikely you'll find one that is still in good condition.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Mooncatt's explanation is likely the right one, but in case there's some other process causing excess battery drain, charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which may show Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. You'll have to register first: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

walker ice

Mar 26, 2020
Visit site
you can go to settings-->battery and found out which process is using most power, if not necessary you can uninstall or kill them, if all is normal, maybe the devices is to old and Circuit aging

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty