After latest update my phone no longer recognizes any chargers!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently went through and did an update on 4/8/20. It started to prompt me to do this update on 4/7 if that helps. The phone is a galaxy 7 Android device. Can't tell you anything more as the phone is dead. After the update I went to plug the phone in and it started telling me there was moisture detected in the port. Considering that didn't seem probable considering it wasn't anywhere near moisture but to be safe I let it wait 30 minutes and tried again. Same issue. I turned the phone off then waited 15 minutes and turned it on again. Same problem. I tried 3 other chargers. Same problem. I tried a wireless charger because I figured...no port. No luck there as it starts to charge then stops recognizing the device.

The phone is now dead and I really need it (Dad in ICU with covid-19) My family has no way of contacting me if he dies because this phone is my only phone. Please help me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A phone doesn't have to be dipped into a bucket of water to have moisture damage. For example, it could happen if you routinely keep it in the bathroom while taking hot showers, where the water vapor can condense in the port and cause problems. I agree with mustang7757's suggestion about leaving it on a wireless charger -- I'd say at least 6 hours, and leave it overnight if possible, undisturbed.

Best wishes for your father's recovery. This is a tough time for the whole world.:'(