Just yesterday, I received a software update to Android 10. Updated right away, with my phone left charging. Last time I saw the download progress, it was at 82%. Then it was just frozen at the Samsung logo.

After that, I couldn't get past it.

Tried draining the battery and charging it, powering it on like normal - stuck at the logo screen.
    Tried power + volume down, all it did was reboot it and get it stuck at the logo again.
    Tried entering recovery mode, wiping cache, rebooting device - still gets stuck at the logo.

Currently in lockdown for another month, so I can't get it checked right now.

Before the update, I have not encountered any problems in using my phone ever since I received it. I feel it was an error in installing the new software. Any ideas?

Thank you!
    04-09-2020 11:29 PM
    Try factory reset in recovery.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-10-2020 12:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official update pushed over-the air?
    04-10-2020 12:06 AM
    The OP sent me a PM because they were having problems responding to this thread after registering: "Yes, it was an official software update I got as a notification on my phone. It was a major update to Android 10, so I went for it right away.

Looking forward to your reply if you do have some ideas Kind of don't want to jump into factory reset right away since it's all so sudden and I haven't backed up my phone."

Unfortunately, there may not be much else you can do right now apart from a factory reset. Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, try taking it out and rebooting.
    04-10-2020 12:29 AM
    The OP sent me a PM because they were having problems responding to this thread after registering: "Yes, it was an official software update I got as a notification on my phone. It was a major update to Android 10, so I went for it right away.

Looking forward to your reply if you do have some ideas Kind of don't want to jump into factory reset right away since it's all so sudden and I haven't backed up my phone."

Unfortunately, there may not be much else you can do right now apart from a factory reset. Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, try taking it out and rebooting.
    Yeah just pm me also
    04-10-2020 12:31 AM
    I had advised to log into find my Samsung link choose back up if they had Samsung account log in the phone and then factory reset
    04-10-2020 12:33 AM
    Finally found out how to reply. I successfully logged into the Samsung account I used for the phone, but won't allow me to back up until I've set up two-step authentication, which I've done already. Tried several times, same message.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung A6+ can't get any further than the Samsung logo screen, help.-screen-shot-2020-04-10-12.53.11-pm.png  
    04-10-2020 01:06 AM
    Hello, like I mentioned in the PM hopefully Samsung cloud back up did a back up but at this point only factory reset .
    Grace Reagan likes this.
    04-10-2020 02:08 AM