music player

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

2 questions really

1/ music player recommendation, have tried poweramp (to dark) and mortpayer (can't see my music in the folder??)
I would like to be able to see the folders so i can choose what i want to play and i prefer a brighter play like the std one on my phone

2/ The player on the phone (Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra) if i have a main folder it lists them separately and not under the main folder say The Who, i see the main folder but the sub folders are listed outside of the main folder.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I use jet Audio. You can view by songs, albums or folders. If l look in an artist's folder all of their albums are in sub folders,although this is how I organise my folders on my SD card. It plays lossless which is important for me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Most music players don't display music based on the actual storage directories they're in -- they display music based on their embedded ID3 tag information, thus sorting them automatically by album, artist, genre, etc. Is that not preferable to you?

If you really need a folder-based music player, MortPlayer would've been my recommendation, but you already said you don't like it. Are you sure you navigated to the exact folder of your music? Also, use a file manager app to make sure there isn't a file called .nomedia in that folder.

Definitely check out Galactic Zoo's recommendation. I don't have any direct experience with others, but Foldplay looks like it's worth trying (free, and reasonable permissions requested).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36