My phone (Huawei) likes to change the brightness by itself, but not according to the ambient light (as can be set), but according to the display, not practically, but exactly the opposite. E.g. When watching movies: bright scenes - brightness flies up, while dark scenes - can fall below the minimum dfault adjustable value. For quick shots, then the brightness change resembles its speed of machine gun fire. Frustrating enough, I didn't find anything about this feature in the setup, I'll be glad for any advice, thanks.
    04-13-2020 04:10 PM
    You try turning adaptive brightness off and retraining it ?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-13-2020 04:36 PM
    Thanks for the tip. It's off, but it doesn't matter, because this feature takes into account the light around the phone and not the "inside".
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-13-2020 05:30 PM
    Hi, welcome!

Yeah thats thats all i can suggest
    04-13-2020 05:44 PM
    Imagine watching a movie where someone uses a flashlight to call the SOS signal at night. Each time the flashlight lights up, the brightness goes up, the flashlight goes out, the brightness falls down. Even if there was such a feature in my phone (I didn't find one in settings, only adaptive brig.), it works exactly the opposite of what it should.
    04-13-2020 06:17 PM
    That's suck, but tnaks
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-13-2020 06:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are there any "dynamic" settings for the screen? Which Huawei phone do you have?
    04-13-2020 06:23 PM
    Hi! It's huawei y6. I did not find any feature describing this behavior in the settings.
    Even if there was something like that on the phone, it works exactly the opposite of what it should be
    04-13-2020 06:40 PM
    Imagine watching a movie where someone uses a flashlight to call the SOS signal at night. Each time the flashlight lights up, the brightness goes up, the flashlight goes out, the brightness falls down. Even if there was such a feature in my phone (I didn't find one in settings, only adaptive brig.), it works exactly the opposite of what it should.
    Another thing you can try is safe mode
    04-13-2020 06:43 PM
    Which version of the Y6? It looks like there are different generations based on the year it was released.
    04-13-2020 06:46 PM
    mrd lx1
    04-13-2020 06:55 PM
    Is Eye Comfort mode on? (See pg 62 in your manual: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/phones/y6-2019/)
    VidJunky likes this.
    04-13-2020 06:59 PM
    I feel like the question here is what app are you watching videos with? Now it wouldn't explain the constant changing as you're describing but I've had players that automatically adjust the screen brightness. VLC Player has a setting that saves the brightness level you set for playback. So if you normally increase the brightness for playback, regardless of your adaptive or stagnant settings it will adjust the brightness to what you normally use when viewing videos. I think MX Player has a similar setting. So while you seem to be looking in your device for device settings perhaps you should be checking your video player settings.

As for the rapid changing you describe, I wonder if it is due to light bleed or reflected light. It sounds like adaptive brightness in how it's working. With adaptive brightness the screen actually gets brighter the brighter it is ambiently and darker the darker it is. Seems a little opposite of the way most us of use light. We don't go around with a flashlight in the middle of the day, right. Anyway, when the screen shows something bright it illuminates things in front of the screen, your light sensor sees this added illumination and says, hey it's already bright, I need to brighten up so I can be seen. Then the opposite when the screen illumination is dark it doesn't produce as much reflected light and the sensor says hey it's dark already and I don't want to hurt the viewer's eyes I need to dim. So another question is under what lighting conditions are you watching videos? If you're watching them in the middle of the day with good illumination all around then this doesn't make sense but if you're watching videos in a darken room or under the sheets this makes perfect sense.

I suppose these actions could be happening independently yet simultaneously. So your video is playing, and let's say the player has a setting that says maintain "x" value of illumination. As the video plays the illumination value increases and decreases, increasing and decreasing the ambient lighting condition, then using the light sensor as a guide it tries to maintain that x value. Try holding your thumb over the light sensor and play a video you've experienced issues with and see if they don't play without the increase and decrease. Obviously this won't be ideal but if it stops your issue you may consider a new player or watching under different conditions.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-13-2020 07:12 PM
    I thought my problem mysteriously solved, but no. Maybe there is a problem with the device itself. Because sometimes it happens, sometimes not (without changing anything in the settings). Thanks a lot for your help and especially for your time guys!
    VidJunky likes this.
    04-13-2020 08:07 PM
    I thought my problem mysteriously solved, but no. Maybe there is a problem with the device itself. Because sometimes it happens, sometimes not (without changing anything in the settings). Thanks a lot for your help and especially for your time guys!
    Does holding your thumb over the sensor make a difference? I know I get long winded.
    04-13-2020 09:06 PM
    Did you try Safe Mode yet? https://www.getdroidtips.com/huawei-...nto-safe-mode/
    VidJunky likes this.
    04-13-2020 09:58 PM