Cannot connect to network after changing motherboard on a samsung galaxy s9 plus

Mackie40

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi just wondering if someone could help, I bought 2 samsung s9 plus phones, one had a broken screen but everything else was good including th IMEI, the other was perfectly fine except it was google locked but also has a good IMEI, I removed the motherboard from the parts phone and put it in the Google locked phone, everything turns on and works including wifi , only thing now is that it will not connect to my carrier at all, I have tried everything on the internet and still cannot make it work the network icon shows a circle with a line through it. My sim card is ok as it works in the other cell phone I have. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome !
Interchange parts like that from same phone can always lead to issues like your experiencing, i think best to have a repair shop look at if they even will after knowing you fiddle with it .

Mackie40

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Yeah I thought the same thing, with this virus stuff going on there's not a lot of repair places open here.. thanks for the advice though😁 I will definitely look around for a repair shop

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The S9 should work on most carrier networks so I wouldn't imagine it being a network lock issue, unless the parts phone actually had a issue with the IMEI. Barring that are you certain that all of the antennas were properly reconnected? I'm not 100% on Samsung devices but the antenna connections are just little brass colored buttons. Having worked on several RC projects I can tell you these buttons can be tricky any it's easy to think you've connected it and it not be connected.

Are you seeing any bars for cell signal?

Mackie40

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Zero bars for signal, what I see is a circle with a line through it, I had someone say it could be that I didn't change the charge port from the parts phone? Anyways I am going to try that and see what happens.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible the donor device was network locked? Some carriers, though not as much recently, want you to call them and provide the IMEI of any new device you put on your plan. Have you tried that as well?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well if you're going in after the charging port, not really sure what the idea is behind that, maybe if you changed the board that its connected to since the antenna connections I mentioned attach to that board. It would be a very easy check.

Best wishes, let us know what you find.

Mackie40

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
After disassembling and reassembling the phone at least 10 times I switched out the charging port, and now it connects to my carrier network perfectly, I have no idea how that worked but it did, thank you for the advice and comments everyone! I hope this post helps anyone else who decides to try what I did.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After disassembling and reassembling the phone at least 10 times I switched out the charging port, and now it connects to my carrier network perfectly, I have no idea how that worked but it did, thank you for the advice and comments everyone! I hope this post helps anyone else who decides to try what I did.
Glad you got it going , thanks for following up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke