I am an extortion victim. I was told by email a keylogger was installed. I found roidapp and removed it. Did I eliminate the keylogger?
    04-13-2020 09:05 PM
    Do you have any evidence that a key logger was installed? Spam abounds, so I wouldn't believe a random email claiming I have some sort of malware. Heck, chances are, that email is just trying to scare you into installing their junk "malware removal app" that is really malware itself in disguise. What you deleted may have been benign, but hard to say without knowing exactly what you deleted (a folder, file, app, etc).

In general, it's extremely hard to get malware on your device. You would have to manually install anything like that, and the Play store does a great job keeping those things out. As long as you are not installing random apps from places other than the Play store or other official channels, I wouldn't be very worried.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-13-2020 09:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Who emailed you about it? I agree with Mooncatt -- that frankly sounds like it could be a phishing attack. Did the email encourage you to click a link to install some bogus antimalware app?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    04-13-2020 09:52 PM