I have a Samsung a70 phone and I woke up this morning to a purple spot in the corner of my phone. Its above where the speaker is. I havent cracked my screen there is just this purple blob. I did drop my phone in water. But I have dropped it in water before and never had an issue can some one please tell me what's going on.
    04-14-2020 06:50 PM
    If you take a screenshot does it appear in the screenshot? If it doesn't then it's a hardware/screen issue.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    04-14-2020 07:10 PM
    If you take a screenshot does it appear in the screenshot? If it doesn't then it's a hardware/screen issue.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    It dose not appear in the screen shot how do I fix this?
    04-14-2020 07:51 PM
    It dose not appear in the screen shot how do I fix this?
    The screen itself is broken. You may be able to claim it under warranty if it didn't trigger the moisture detection stickers when you dropped it in water. Samsung may also have you go to a local repair shop for a screen replacement. This isn't something you can fix yourself unless you're competent in disassembling and reassembling phones without further damage, and can also source the correct parts to replace.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2020 08:46 PM
    The screen itself is broken. You may be able to claim it under warranty if it didn't trigger the moisture detection stickers when you dropped it in water. Samsung may also have you go to a local repair shop for a screen replacement. This isn't something you can fix yourself unless you're competent in disassembling and reassembling phones without further damage, and can also source the correct parts to replace.
    It didnt trigger the misture detection notification that comes up and with the quarantine going on right now nothing is open. Will this get worse? Or will it just be the one spot. Its purple but I can still see through it and it still works in that spot
    04-14-2020 08:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, this kind of screen damage often does spread, and can do so quickly. So if you haven't already, make sure your important data is backed up NOW. Then look into a screen repair shop (which understandably may be tough during this pandemic).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2020 10:27 PM
    It didnt trigger the misture detection notification that comes up and with the quarantine going on right now nothing is open. Will this get worse? Or will it just be the one spot. Its purple but I can still see through it and it still works in that spot
    I wasn't referring to the USB moisture notification. Phones have stickers inside them that react with water, and it's a permanent change when it gets wet. Even if you dry the phone out, the sticker will still be marked and your warranty voided. There's usually more than one sticker, and it voids the warranty even if the phone was water resistant.

I agree with B. Diddy that you should be backing everything up asap.
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    04-14-2020 10:55 PM