I forgot the screen lock pattern of my Huwaei Nova 3e phone, with Android 10. How to unlock without losing data? Is there a way to reset my pattern, other than Factory Reset option?
    04-15-2020 12:36 PM
    If it were just that easy it wouldn't be very secure. Wasn't there a backup PIN needed for using the pattern? Couldn't you use that?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    04-15-2020 12:56 PM
    04-15-2020 01:15 PM
    Hi hallux, there was no back up PIN required to set the pattern. I tried all ways seen in google, but nothing worked out. Finally tried to do a factory reset, but even that failed, it showed EMUI - update failure. I am completely stuck and my phone is not at all usable just by forgetting a pattern. Even bank accounts have security questions or forgot password; this is shocking that not even with my registered google account, I am able to do nothing!!!!! This is not a rocket, after all it is a phone!!!!
    04-16-2020 01:49 PM
    Providing recovery options is up to the device manufacturer. Samsung has recovery options, if you have a Samsung account linked to the device.

To be fair - I see this as not much different from needing to remember an ATM PIN or security system code - you would (or do) remember THOSE, right? I realize it's a pattern and not numbers, but it's the same concept.
    04-16-2020 02:15 PM
    This is not a rocket, after all it is a phone!!!!
    It's not just a phone for most people, though. Most people put very sensitive data on their phones, and if you were to lose it, that data could be accessed fairly easily by others if there's no security on the phone. What I always recommend is to make sure you're keeping your important data synced or backed up somewhere secure on a regular basis, so that if something were to happen to your phone, you'd still be able to access that information in some way.
    04-16-2020 05:41 PM