Set Bluetooth long press button actions

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have those ear buds, and in the gear wearable app I've set that on long press the bluetoothbutton right and left to set volume up and down respectively, but that stupid Google Assistant is always popping up instead. How to change it so that I'll only control the volume command when long pressing Bluetooth button? Thx in advance

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site

Ya, but there should be a fix for that. I mean why else would I be able to set it in the wearable app when it doesn't work..

I disabled the ga and result it when I do long press I get disabled ga showing up asking me to be activated. Just too stupid

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Ya, but there should be a fix for that. I mean why else would I be able to set it in the wearable app when it doesn't work..

I disabled the ga and result it when I do long press I get disabled ga showing up asking me to be activated. Just too stupid

I have Power Amp loaded too which could be interacting.
I agree there's probably a fix... another settings issue most likely. Have to play with it a bit...

Update: Try resetting the buds or a Network Settings, reset. I did the former yesterday and they are working correctly. The Power Amp settings are working as well.
Might be the last bud update(s, lol) that glitched them. A reset nulls everything back to default.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain the original Galaxy Buds allow you to customize the long-press? Maybe that's just with the Buds+. I looked through the manual for the original Buds, and there's no mention of customizing the long-press.

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Are you certain...

Absolutely. Also it works once in a while. But here and then it just turns off when it was idle/locked for a while... Dunno

Maybe I should try to turn battery saver off for some service so that it doesn't stop or something. But no idea what

Advices on how to fix are still highly appreciated

40720abdfbd939be85c93315faf4b40f.jpg

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Try resetting the buds or a Network Settings, reset. I did the former yesterday and they are working correctly. The Power Amp settings are working as well.
Might be the last bud update(s, lol) that glitched them. A reset nulls everything back to default.

Ok -- blackhawkhot might be onto something with his suspicion that a recent update to the Buds firmware might have caused a problem.

How to reset? Thank you

Will do

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Hmm seems a simple app restart of the wearable app also temporarily fixes this until I disconnect the buds again.

Have set the wearable app to autostart on and also removed all restrictions in battery saver. But I'll have to manually start the wearable app regardless.

Maybe some other service I would have to exclude from battery saver list to make it work

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Hmm seems a simple app restart of the wearable app also temporarily fixes this until I disconnect the buds again.

Have set the wearable app to autostart on and also removed all restrictions in battery saver. But I'll have to manually start the wearable app regardless.

Maybe some other service I would have to exclude from battery saver list to make it work

Device Manager settings. This is what works best for me. I also keep Allow Background Activity for Android Services turn off, it's a power hog. Turning off has no effect as it will self toggle back on as needed.

I have don't have power saving or put to sleep toggled for the player, the buds or Samsung. sound assistant.
Make any carrier loaded bloatware power management apks are disabled.

I'm going to play with this configuration now that the buds touch controls are working. See if it survives a reboot etc.
It may have got goofed up from a wearable update or bud update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200417-133737_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20200417-133737_Device care.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 2

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
@blackhawkhot

In addition to the wearables app I installed the Galaxy buds add-on. I've set that to autostart enabled and power saving restrictions off now too.

Let's see what happens

Did a full phone restart. Worked immediately this time. Fingers crossed

Last edited: