Struggling to remove Flashlight (torch app) icon from home screen android”

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, please can anyone suggest how to remove what is turning out to be a permanent copy (a bit like a shortcut) of the icon, which has somehow ended up on my home screen, in an off-centre position compared to where an app icon would normally for in rows of 5 icons. Holding it down, instead of being offer the option of removing/uninstalling, instead offers Home Settings/Widgets/Style&Wallpaper, none of which lead anywhere relevant to removing this!! Thank you for any hot tip to get rid of this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I suspect you might have actually created a wallpaper using a screenshot, and that icon is actually part of the wallpaper, not a true icon. What you're long-pressing is actually an empty part of the homescreen, which is why you're getting those options. Does it go away if you change the wallpaper?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which phone ? Try long pressing if gives option to uninstall or long press and drag to top of the screen until a X appears to drop it in . Are you using 3rd party launcher?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone ? Try long pressing if gives option to uninstall or long press and drag to top of the screen until a X appears to drop it in . Are you using 3rd party launcher?

When the OP long-presses it, they get the options as if they were long-pressing an empty part of the homescreen (which is what I think is the case, since I think the "icon" is actually part of the wallpaper).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When the OP long-presses it, they get the options as if they were long-pressing an empty part of the homescreen (which is what I think is the case, since I think the "icon" is actually part of the wallpaper).
You think they took a picture with flashlight or downloaded a wallpaper with flash light and used as a home screen wallpaper?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with this. If it was a floating icon they could be able to move it around after a long press, instead they get what it looks like the launcher settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You think they took a picture with flashlight or downloaded a wallpaper with flash light and used as a home screen wallpaper?

I think they took a screenshot of their homescreen at some point with that flashlight app shortcut icon somewhere on the screen, then used that screenshot as their wallpaper. Now they think that flashlight app icon that's part of the wallpaper is an actual shortcut icon when it isn't.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think they took a screenshot of their homescreen at some point with that flashlight app shortcut icon somewhere on the screen, then used that screenshot as their wallpaper. Now they think that flashlight app icon that's part of the wallpaper is an actual shortcut icon when it isn't.
Yeah I agree

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol