Got an LG G4 and when I play music, now all I hear is a loud, constant humming/screeching noises, and no music! No matter which player app I use. I believe it was working earlier in the day. One possibility, is that I tried installing a couple of audio modules in "Magisk". (Dolby Atmos). They both failed to install. So they don't show up in installed modules. And can't be . uninstalled.

So... not sure how to reverse that, or what the problem may be if its not that?
    04-21-2020 02:40 AM
    First, clear the cache partition and reboot.
    04-21-2020 04:20 AM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-21-2020 10:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...afe-mode-lg-g4

(The reason why methodman89 said to disregard is that LG doesn't let the user wipe the system cache partition in the Recovery Menu.)
    04-21-2020 11:33 AM
    1) I just discovered I can't get into SAFE MODE on my LG G4. That's because it is unocked via "USU" method, and that process takes over the original SAFE MODE key combination, putting you into the TWRP recovery instead. I don't know that there's a workaround for this.

2) I SOLVED THE PROBLEM! (So I'm posting in case anyone has runs into something similar, because this is a weird one...):

Problem: I discovered the audio was fine after a reboot, especially system sounds. But whenever I plugged in my headphones and listened to music files, I'd hear a loud constant screeching noise, like Chewbacca having a hairy fit, no matter the music player. It would stay that way until a reboot!

Solution: I thought it might be due to leftover files from a couple of failed Magisk module installs (Dolby Atmos and Volume Steps), which did not install. But perhaps left bits of themselves in the system folders?... I rooted around those folders and deleted whatever looked like it might be remnants of those modules. Didn't solve it. Then, using a system freezer app (Uninstaller Pro), I froze anything and everything that looks like it might be related to audio. Which led me to discovering that the culprit was "Audio FX". Some kind of audio processing app, that is built into LineageOS and Cynaogen.
    04-21-2020 12:55 PM
    Glad you figured it out, and thanks for sharing the solution!
    04-21-2020 01:00 PM
    1) I just discovered I can't get into SAFE MODE on my LG G4. That's because it is unocked via "USU" method, and that process takes over the original SAFE MODE key combination, putting you into the TWRP recovery instead. I don't know that there's a workaround for this.

2) I SOLVED THE PROBLEM! (So I'm posting in case anyone has runs into something similar, because this is a weird one...):

Problem: I discovered the audio was fine after a reboot, especially system sounds. But whenever I plugged in my headphones and listened to music files, I'd hear a loud constant screeching noise, like Chewbacca having a hairy fit, no matter the music player. It would stay that way until a reboot!

Solution: I thought it might be due to leftover files from a couple of failed Magisk module installs (Dolby Atmos and Volume Steps), which did not install. But perhaps left bits of themselves in the system folders?... I rooted around those folders and deleted whatever looked like it might be remnants of those modules. Didn't solve it. Then, using a system freezer app (Uninstaller Pro), I froze anything and everything that looks like it might be related to audio. Which led me to discovering that the culprit was "Audio FX". Some kind of audio processing app, that is built into LineageOS and Cynaogen.
    Welcome to AC!
    Thank you for posting your fix
    04-21-2020 07:30 PM