Lenova M10 HD tablet
    04-27-2020 07:35 AM
    First - it's not optimal to move apps to SD, they're going to perform slower because SD cards are just not as fast as internal storage.
    Second - Both the app and the device need to allow it to happen, unless rooting the device opens up some options.
    Third - if you DID have the option to move the app, not all of the app will move to the SD card so you won't free up all of the space used by the app.
    Fourth - Even if you did move the app to the SD card, any time it updates it will end up back on internal storage.

Android just doesn't handle apps on SD very well, which is why Google removed it from later versions of Android. SD cards are best used for storage of media such as music, movies, photos.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    04-27-2020 07:41 AM
    I agree with hallux, just keep sd card as portable storage .
    04-27-2020 09:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with everything hallux said, but a couple of those points pertain to the older "Move to SD" feature where a portion of the app could be moved to an SD card that was formatted as Portable Storage. I believe the Lenovo M10 tablet supports Adoptable Storage, where the SD card becomes integrated into the device's Internal Storage, and therefore increases the space where the system can install apps. hallux's warnings are still valid, though -- using the SD card as Internal Storage is less reliable and will likely decrease the performance of the app.

Go to Settings>Storage and look for an option to format the SD card. Then see if it asks you if you want to format as Portable Storage or Internal Storage. If it does, then the tablet supports Adoptable Storage.
    04-27-2020 01:02 PM