I slept on my phone over the night and woke up to a slow phone touch. Since then I have had to tap multiple times on the screen just to select an icon. I am suspecting it is a system stop gap due to my multiple touches on the screen. It's acting more like a screen reader or something. It runs an Android 9.0 pie Any help?
    Anthony Jarrett likes this.
    04-28-2020 01:35 AM
    did you restart it?
    04-28-2020 02:03 AM
    Smoldering or smothering? If the phone overheated, smoldering, there could be a lot of things going on. It might recover if left off and aloud to cool down. If you meant smothering and as stated just believe you were keeping it awake with accidental touches restarting as me just saying suggested might do the trick. You may want to restart it a few times using the power off option and fully rebooting it, in stead of just the restart option. When a restart is due to some issue I prefer the full power down, wait 30 to 60 seconds, then restart option vs the quick restart option. I just feel like it is more of an actual restart but that could just be me.
    04-28-2020 02:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a screen protector on? If so, try taking it off.
    04-28-2020 02:45 AM
    Yes I did a few times already it's like its the new default
    04-28-2020 02:53 AM
    Smothering I mean... I promise it's definitely some screen reader that has been activated accidentally maybe it's even some accessibility thing. It just read a text message to me by default
    04-28-2020 02:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a screen protector on? If so, try taking it off.
    I don't think the screen protector is the issue. It literally just read me a text message unsolicited. Then to unlock it suggests to use the fingerprint instead. When I use the pin option it is says the number and highlights it in a box and asks me to double-tap. This holds for all others it highlights then asks me to double tap
    04-28-2020 03:01 AM
    Ah, I think you accidentally turned on TalkBack: https://support.google.com/accessibi.../6283677?hl=en
    04-28-2020 03:09 AM
    That would explain the multi touch issue as well. The first touch it reads what you have touched to verify that this was indeed not an accidental touch, then it acts on the second touch. With Samsung I think it's called Screen Reader, but you may also want to check Interaction and dexterity, also in the Accessibility settings. You should be able to search either of those items from the search bar in the settings menu by just typing the first few letters of either.
    04-28-2020 03:25 AM
    That would explain the multi touch issue as well. The first touch it reads what you have touched to verify that this was indeed not an accidental touch, then it acts on the second touch. With Samsung I think it's called Screen Reader, but you may also want to check Interaction and dexterity, also in the Accessibility settings. You should be able to search either of those items from the search bar in the settings menu by just typing the first few letters of either.
    To you my guy, I say a big thanks. This was a great help. Phone's back!
    04-28-2020 04:19 AM
    Great! Can you tell us which setting it was?
    04-28-2020 11:51 AM