C302CA battery replacement

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all I've had my chromebook for roughly three years without any major issues. The battery was at about 30% life six months ago but now isn't even detectable according to crosh.

Are there any reliable third-party or official recommended replacements? I see a bunch on Amazon alone but I'm not sure about one brand from the next.

Thanks!

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
personally I would get oem battery from the chromebooks manufacturer. might pay a bit more but at least you know it is not counterfeit.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
personally I would get oem battery from the chromebooks manufacturer. might pay a bit more but at least you know it is not counterfeit.

I've had bad experiences with 3rd party LI batteries.
Each manufacturer has it's own charging protocols which are designed for that particular LI pack.

Mrs Hughes

Sep 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi all I've had my chromebook for roughly three years without any major issues. The battery was at about 30% life six months ago but now isn't even detectable according to crosh.

Are there any reliable third-party or official recommended replacements? I see a bunch on Amazon alone but I'm not sure about one brand from the next.

Thanks!

I'm curious as to whether you thought 30% battery life after less than 3 yrs of use is the norm? What made you consider battery issues?
I am using the ASUS C302CA and I've been more than satisfied for the last couple of years up until a few months ago.
I have issues with random shut downs. I have replaced the charger and that seemed to help for a while. Now I sometimes I get a full 100% charge
and other days it does not complete the charge and starts draining while still plugged in. I just checked the battery and this is what I get.

crosh> battery_test
No test length specified. Defaulting to 300 seconds.
Battery is discharging (73.44% left)
Battery health: 83.99%
Please wait...

I've been avoiding a Power Wash. I'd just like to know what kind of problem this random shut down and battery draining issues are really all about?
I'll buy a new battery if need be. Will you share your insights?
Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator: