C302CA Battery Life

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, My Chromebook arrived yesterday and I charged it to 100%. However, when I checked the estimated time left on battery, it said just a shade over three hours! I was kind of stunned, considering the rated battery life is around 8 hours for the M3 chipset.

Are others finding their battery life to be much less than the rated amount? Do I have a lemon? I haven't actually tested it out yet to see if that estimate changes as I use the system, and I haven't changed any power saving settings.

Any help on optimizing this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Elizabeth

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I checked the battery life again this morning, and it increased slowly to about 10 hours! So it seems like the time left varies.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Battery life hovers around 6 hours now. Not as good as rated. Anyone have any suggestions (other than not using it haha) to maximize battery life? I try not to have the screen overly bright. But I can't think of anything else.

I love this Chromebook. It outperforms by Toshiba 2 by a wide margin.

Geouser

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I get over 6 hours of constant video use (Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc) with more than an extra 1.5 hours to go. Of course more hours would be available with less "demanding" activity. I do notice that the number of hours remaining seems to be "calculated" after a delay where what is being done plays a role. If I start my ASUS the next day before recharging, the time is less than an hour but quickly returns to the remaining 1.5 hours. If I start and look at the hours remaining it will show "recalculating" for a while. Bottom line, no calculated hours remaining will be 100% accurate. People complain about MacBook Pro's doing the same thing. You are asking for your computer to predict your battery usage! I think my ASUS does a pretty good job if my usage is consistent and not extremely varied.

earlyxoomer

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i have only had my C302 for a couple weeks, but the battery life is nothing great. i had hoped it would really surprise me, but it has not. there is no way i could watch video of 8 hours, maybe 4 to 5 max

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12