Can I fix the touch screen on my ASUS Chromebook Flip C100P

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

left side of touch screen on asus chromebook flip doesn't respond. No problem with the rest of the screen but e.g. I can't page back by touching the arrow on the left top of the screen so I need to use the cursor mouse. Same goes for playing certain games.

LeeD

May 7, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact same problem with 1 of 2 C100P Asus Chromebooks too! Started happening on that one within 60 days of ownership. I thought I did something wrong but maybe it's more comment than I thought. I bought a 2nd one at the same time and >1yr later, still no issues with the 2nd one.

The problem for me was about 25% of the left side of the screen didn't work. I was able to verify it with touch feedback software that left a micro dot when you touched the screen.

DeLeon808

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue! I really liked this chromebook, my first. I do not recall how long ago the issue began, but thankfully, it does not impact as much of my screen as the other poster mentioned. A little under an inch of the entire left border of my screen is unresponsive.

I've gotten creative with ways around this in tablet mode (rotating the device so I can use a different part of the screen, going into split screen mode and dragging a window to the unaffected part of the screen, etc.)

The most annoying defect is when the touch screen gets erratic and responds incorrectly when I tap the screen. A simple restart usually fixes this.

Would like to know if anyone has solved/repaired any similar problems with their flip.