Spent a few years with this chromebook and I love it

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I have an Asus model (forgive me for not remembering the name) but it is touch screen and can fold back to tablet mode. Although when I first got this chromebook I didn't use it as much, I use it all the time now. With getting the note 9 and using Google Messages, seamless texting is convenient. I also love the battery life.

One of the things that I love about chromebooks more than Window's laptops/PC's is boot time. I know that can be limiting for some folks use, but the things i do daily are met on this platform.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Completely agree. I rarely use my Windows desktop any more, and much prefer to use my Chromebooks. I love the fact that updates are quick and easy, as opposed to those big Windows updates that can take 15-20 minutes (with a bonus of sometimes deleting your files:'().

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I can definitely relate. I absolutely love my Chromebook. I have the Samsung Chromebook Plus. Love the awesome display, and S-Pen, even though I already have one on my Note 9. My granddaughter loves to play tic-tac-toe with me on it!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Just an update. I gave my Asus C302 to two boys in junior high, to share. I got an Acer Spin 15 CP713 and I like this one, too. The keyboard is as good as my Asus C302 and the display is much better.

There is no retail outlet in Oaxaca, Mexico, selling chromebooks. I buy through Amazon.com in the U.S. When I talk to expatriates they quickly tell me you can't work without a WiFi connection. I asked what they do with their computer and get a response of email, social media, surfing the web. "Wow, and you can do all that without being on the internet?"

"Well, I can type my emails and Facebook comments without the internet."
"You can with a Chromebook, too. But, you're right, you can't surf the web, access social media, or send and receive email without an internet connection." They nod wisely.

So, they can keep buying Apple laptops. It's great to have choices.

1970CowboysIAFan

Dec 31, 2019
Visit site
I have to admit, I was a diehard Windows user until a couple of years ago, when I got my first Chromebook, an Acer CB315. That one, sadly, has been losing battery power recently, and not charging on top of that, so two days ago, my DSSW (Dear, Sweet, and Sexy Wife) bought me an ASUS C523N Chromebook for my 51st birthday. I've had the thing for two days, and I'm already loving it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit, I was a diehard Windows user until a couple of years ago, when I got my first Chromebook, an Acer CB315. That one, sadly, has been losing battery power recently, and not charging on top of that, so two days ago, my DSSW (Dear, Sweet, and Sexy Wife) bought me an ASUS C523N Chromebook for my 51st birthday. I've had the thing for two days, and I'm already loving it!

Welcome to Android Central, and that's an awesome gift (and awesome wife)!:D