I have an Asus model (forgive me for not remembering the name) but it is touch screen and can fold back to tablet mode. Although when I first got this chromebook I didn't use it as much, I use it all the time now. With getting the note 9 and using Google Messages, seamless texting is convenient. I also love the battery life.

One of the things that I love about chromebooks more than Window's laptops/PC's is boot time. I know that can be limiting for some folks use, but the things i do daily are met on this platform.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-05-2019 09:31 AM
    Completely agree. I rarely use my Windows desktop any more, and much prefer to use my Chromebooks. I love the fact that updates are quick and easy, as opposed to those big Windows updates that can take 15-20 minutes (with a bonus of sometimes deleting your files).
    cckgz4 likes this.
    02-05-2019 12:21 PM
    I just turned on Google Assistant for my Asus C302. Works great and it's a kick.
    02-09-2019 10:30 AM
    I can definitely relate. I absolutely love my Chromebook. I have the Samsung Chromebook Plus. Love the awesome display, and S-Pen, even though I already have one on my Note 9. My granddaughter loves to play tic-tac-toe with me on it!
    02-20-2019 09:40 PM
    Just an update. I gave my Asus C302 to two boys in junior high, to share. I got an Acer Spin 15 CP713 and I like this one, too. The keyboard is as good as my Asus C302 and the display is much better.

There is no retail outlet in Oaxaca, Mexico, selling chromebooks. I buy through Amazon.com in the U.S. When I talk to expatriates they quickly tell me you can't work without a WiFi connection. I asked what they do with their computer and get a response of email, social media, surfing the web. "Wow, and you can do all that without being on the internet?"

"Well, I can type my emails and Facebook comments without the internet."
    "You can with a Chromebook, too. But, you're right, you can't surf the web, access social media, or send and receive email without an internet connection." They nod wisely.

So, they can keep buying Apple laptops. It's great to have choices.
    04-29-2019 12:52 PM