Asus transformer 2

Walkop

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Weird - I actually came here looking for a thread like this and here it is, JUST posted! :confused: ;)

I haven't heard too much - they're really keeping this under wraps.

Makes me even more curious (which, in the end, is probably their goal ;))
Only things I've heard are Kal-El, Ice Cream Sandwich, and that it will be "impressive".

Last edited:

chin_a_ling

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
i hope there will be a release date soon. Im anxiously waiting. i was about to buy transformer 1 but since the news came out about transformer 2 i decided to wait for it

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
same here its suppose to come around oct or nov.. this sucks .. cause im selling my ipad so technically ill be tabletless.. for like 2 months

ut00wj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In looking, there is one question that I have not found asked or answered. Will the Transformer 2 use the same keyboard dock or will I have to buy a new one?

chin_a_ling

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
that is the biggest question indeed. part of me thinks it may because theyll have the same ports, but it probably will not match and will not be as thin as the new keyboard

Modspyder

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the wait is killing me. The rumors make it seem like it'll come out in the next couple of months, but as we all know, release dates almost always get pushed back. I've been looking for the ideal tablet for a while and the Transformer 2 hits it almost perfectly (I say almost, because I think a Slider 2 would be perfect).

As to the keyboard question, if the rumors about it being thinner are true, I don't think the original dock would work unless they had some sort of adapter system. But I think it would be smart t ouse the original dock, because it would help increase their profit margins not having to come out with a completely new keyboard system.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess if it's gonna have Ice Cream Sandwich, we probably won't hear anything official until after the big Samsung/Google reveal next week, unless Google and Asus decide to upstage Samsung, which I can't really see Google being ok with at this point. The Transformer 1 + free dock promotion last week on NewEgg had me wondering if something would be coming this week, but I guess perhaps it's not quite time yet.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think ICS will truly shine on a bigger screen (tablet) more so than on a phone. Quad-core definitely doesn't hurt either ;)

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely looking forward to it, but definitely also taking that date with a grain of salt until we get some corroboration.

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I could be in the Tablet market, shh don't tell my wife. I'm not sure if I can pull off the Nexus Prime and Transformer 2, in one months time of each other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2