Preorder Option Gone - Best Buy

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is old news but I could have sworn that yesterday when I was looking at the BestBuy site that it still had the preorder option. Today it just says coming soon.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right. A few days ago they removed the Champagne version from the search results, and now it looks like they stopped orders altogether. The paranoid in me worries it is the same kind of stuff Amazon had problems with?

fraeone

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
BB removed preorders on Sunday. No need to be paranoid, there's no question that shipments to retailers are being delayed.. :(

zipgorp

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was told my pre-order at Memory Express was delayed till after the New Year, and did I want to leave order in or cancel. I left it in as I cant get it anywhere else either.

I wonder if any will ship before 2012 now? maybe if it is delayed it will come with ICS? :)

y2bandit

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Removing preorders may be a way for retailers to not over accept preorders and disappoint customers. They won't know how many they'll be getting until they get it from the warehouse. So they're playing it safe.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Good grief, this fiasco has been such a disappointment across so many levels. I hope it is better than everyone says...it better make me a dry cappuccino for all the trouble its been with ordering it.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Good grief, this fiasco has been such a disappointment across so many levels. I hope it is better than everyone says...it better make me a dry cappuccino for all the trouble its been with ordering it.

Then I guess you are going to be disappointed, haha.

How is this a fiasco? Have you been contacted by BB? Other than Amazon selling more units than they had allotted for (which is an Amazon problem), I don't know of anything else that is out of normal operation.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Then I guess you are going to be disappointed, haha.

How is this a fiasco? Have you been contacted by BB? Other than Amazon selling more units than they had allotted for (which is an Amazon problem), I don't know of anything else that is out of normal operation.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the whole Nexus silliness as a whole.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
GN and Amazon Asus Issues! Yeah first time Amazon really let me down for something like this. Saddened deeply. I didn't do the smart thing and pre order from multiple places. The GN is just at the poi t of ridiculousness. Very similar to the iPhone 5. I mean, Apple made the announcement. I just can't believe its not coming out until next year. (Said Verizon)

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't the pre-order removal issue really be more of an ASUS issue rather than an Amazon/Best Buy/retailer issue? It sounds like ASUS underestimated the demand for the Transformer Prime (and can not build and ship Transformer Primes quickly enough to keep up with demand).

I'm not a tech person, so maybe someone else knows - do the flooding issues in Thailand (a source for various manufactured computer parts) play a role in the Transformer Prime shortages, or are the parts in the Transformer Prime different enough from conventional desktops and laptops that the Thailand flooding should have no impact?

Last edited:

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't the pre-order removal issue really be more of an ASUS issue rather than an Amazon/Best Buy/retailer issue? It sounds like ASUS' underestimated the demand for the Transformer Prime (and can not build and ship Transformer Primes quickly enough to keep up with demand).

I'm not a tech person, so maybe someone else knows - do the flooding issues in Thailand (a source for various manufactured computer parts) play a role in the Transformer Prime shortages, or are the parts in the Transformer Prime different enough from conventional desktops and laptops that the Thailand flooding should have no impact?

There is no way to know. Maybe Amazon didn't reserve enough from Asus. Maybe Asus backed out of what they promised Amazon. Impossible to know with the information we have.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Could be, but I wouldn't think Amazon would cancel orders because of this. Otherwise, they would cancel all the orders. Why did they cancel some and not others? Why not keep your order in the queue like the rest of them?

MsAhaDroid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
BB removed preorders on Sunday. No need to be paranoid, there's no question that shipments to retailers are being delayed.. :(

The Gray Prime is back up for pre-order on BB, I just checked. Also I've been checking my order status often and it still says release date is estimated on 12/18/11. So far so good for those with BB pre-orders.....I hope.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So ASUS says "we still show to be on schedule to start shipments the week of 12/19"
Does that mean that BB won't have any in the store on the 19th? I was going to take the morning off and get there early to see if I could snag one Monday morning.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought I saw that it was going to be available online on the 12th and in stores on the 19th, but that sounds like things won't start shipping until the 19th, which would make it difficult to be in the stores on the 19th too. Hard to know at this point. I bet we'll know as we get closer to time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary