How to set up new Tablet

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
In the (hopefully) not too distant future, I will hold in my hands a brand new TF Prime. This will be my first tablet, and only my 2nd android device purchased. I have questions on how to set it up.

Do I use the same gmail account on both devices? Will all my apps flood over automatically or will I be able to pick and chose which apps to download? How do you handle location services like Latitude?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same question in my mind since I preordered the Prime. I hope someone here who has both an Android Tablet and Phone can tell us! :)

Rastor

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
In general, if you use the same Google account, you will get all the same data synchronized, same contacts, same apps, etc. However actual data stored in apps (for example how far you got in Angry Birds) will generally NOT be synced.

Reactions: Treknologist

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
U can use a new gmail for ur new device but u will not have any of the apps or saved data and will start empty.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Will all my apps flood over automatically or will I be able to pick and chose which apps to download? How do you handle location services like Latitude?

holycrap8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
From what I know about transferring devices your apps will all come automatically from your Google account, but I haven't had a tablet before. Jumping between android phones causes this though.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal if they all came over because I have an Aria now and I can only fit a few apps on it before it runs out of storage.:'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech