BB status now "on backorder"

MsAhaDroid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, every single day since ordered my order said "release date December 18"...just now, on the 18th, it changed to "backordered". It doesn't even give me an estimated date. Did anyone get a delivery date on BB? I am sooooooooooooo disappointed.

Reactions: Willthegamer18

Glyphosate

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ditto. I ordered mine on November 24. If that wasn't the first day BB had it available it was real close.

I called the BB Reward Zone folks and after contacting the backorder department the best they could tell me was that the estimated delivery date was still 12/18-12/23.

That's what it said before it suddenly went backorder. They had no real answers.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
well i'm afraid we might be getting our TFPs sometime in january... oh well at least I have my GSII Skyrocket to play with lol

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. That's F'ed up. They didn't realize they didn't have any incoming yesterday or last week?
Ordered mine on 11/30.
Anyone have any info on new estimated ship date.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I think the "Release date is 12/18" and "Backordered" has always been a general statement about the retail stock of the Prime, not specifically our order. You don't generally talk about release dates when discussing an order. You talk about shipping dates or availability dates. I don't think "Backordered" tells me anything, other than if I were to order it right now I wouldn't expect it to ship today.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think if I were ordering it today that would make sense but specifically my order, which has said "in progress" for weeks, is now saying status: backordered.

Last edited:

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I think if I were ordering it today that would make sense but specifically my order, which has said "in progress" for weeks, is now saying status: backordered.

You are talking about two separate statuses (I think). When I look at my Order Status, it has always said and still says "In process". When I click on the status to go into the details of the order, there was a line which showed the release date as 12/18 that now shows backordered. It would be one thing if the order status went from "in process" to "backordered", but that isn't the case.

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Found this:
My order just changed to "backordered"
32GB Champagne tablet only order place 12/2

edit:
Gentlemen, I come to you with news from the interwebs.
Doing some searching of BB and history of preorders showing "backordered" I have what I hope is factual and uplifting news.

Per BB FAQ:
Backorders

If an item you've ordered is on backorder, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know the estimated arrival time. You can choose to wait for the item or cancel it. Backorders remain active for 30 days.

If after 30 days the item is still on backorder, we will automatically cancel the item. We will e-mail you 5 days before we cancel the item to ask if you would like to extend the backorder. At that time, you may extend the backorder by contacting us. Extension periods vary by product.

Best Buy does not charge your credit card until the item is shipped. If you used PayPal, your PayPal account was charged at the time you placed the order.

Backorders benefit from our online price guarantee. If the price drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price.
A response from a BB rep on backordered preorders:
From my experience, whenever a pre-order item is changed to backorder status this generally means that the order in the process of being fulfilled.
What my take on this is, if you have not received an email stating specifically your item is on backorder then your order is being processed. ...God I hope so...

Scumbag Inc.

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Gentlemen, I come to you with news from the interwebs.
Doing some searching of BB and history of preorders showing "backordered" I have what I hope is factual and uplifting news.

Per BB FAQ:
Backorders

If an item you've ordered is on backorder, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know the estimated arrival time. You can choose to wait for the item or cancel it. Backorders remain active for 30 days.

If after 30 days the item is still on backorder, we will automatically cancel the item. We will e-mail you 5 days before we cancel the item to ask if you would like to extend the backorder. At that time, you may extend the backorder by contacting us. Extension periods vary by product.

Best Buy does not charge your credit card until the item is shipped. If you used PayPal, your PayPal account was charged at the time you placed the order.

Backorders benefit from our online price guarantee. If the price drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price.

A response from a BB rep on backordered preorders:
From my experience, whenever a pre-order item is changed to backorder status this generally means that the order is in the process of being fulfilled.

What my take on this is, if you have not received an email stating specifically your item is on backorder then your order is being processed. ...God I hope so...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance