12-23-2011 06:44 PM
95 123 ...
tools
    Well, every single day since ordered my order said "release date December 18"...just now, on the 18th, it changed to "backordered". It doesn't even give me an estimated date. Did anyone get a delivery date on BB? I am sooooooooooooo disappointed.
    Willthegamer18 likes this.
    12-18-2011 07:05 AM
    Yeaa me too.same thing happened to me. Thank you for posting this. I now know that i am not alone.
    12-18-2011 07:20 AM
    Yea im pissed.
    12-18-2011 07:23 AM
    I really cant beleave it i preoder on the fourth that was 2 weeks ago. OMG!,!,,!,!,! Im rageing right now lol
    12-18-2011 07:24 AM
    yeahh that really sucks.. I have it on backorder too...
    12-18-2011 07:46 AM
    Ditto. I ordered mine on November 24. If that wasn't the first day BB had it available it was real close.

I called the BB Reward Zone folks and after contacting the backorder department the best they could tell me was that the estimated delivery date was still 12/18-12/23.

That's what it said before it suddenly went backorder. They had no real answers.
    12-18-2011 08:13 AM
    well i'm afraid we might be getting our TFPs sometime in january... oh well at least I have my GSII Skyrocket to play with lol
    12-18-2011 08:24 AM
    My status just changed to "backordered." I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.
    32GB Champagne tablet only order placed 12/2
    12-18-2011 08:28 AM
    Yea i called too and they said the same thing to me however they said probbaly monday cuz i chose expidited shipping.
    12-18-2011 08:29 AM
    That what were trying to find out my friend.
    12-18-2011 08:31 AM
    Mine got backordered as well. Took a visit to local best buy & they aren't sure when they will receive them NEXT YEAR.
    12-18-2011 08:31 AM
    Yeah. That's F'ed up. They didn't realize they didn't have any incoming yesterday or last week?
    Ordered mine on 11/30.
    Anyone have any info on new estimated ship date.
    12-18-2011 08:32 AM
    Mann and i thought 12/04 was early lol
    12-18-2011 08:39 AM
    I think the "Release date is 12/18" and "Backordered" has always been a general statement about the retail stock of the Prime, not specifically our order. You don't generally talk about release dates when discussing an order. You talk about shipping dates or availability dates. I don't think "Backordered" tells me anything, other than if I were to order it right now I wouldn't expect it to ship today.
    12-18-2011 08:50 AM
    I think if I were ordering it today that would make sense but specifically my order, which has said "in progress" for weeks, is now saying status: backordered.
    12-18-2011 08:52 AM
    I think if I were ordering it today that would make sense but specifically my order, which has said "in progress" for weeks, is now saying status: backordered.
    You are talking about two separate statuses (I think). When I look at my Order Status, it has always said and still says "In process". When I click on the status to go into the details of the order, there was a line which showed the release date as 12/18 that now shows backordered. It would be one thing if the order status went from "in process" to "backordered", but that isn't the case.
    12-18-2011 08:56 AM
    What ever happed to the good old days when you can order something and actually get it?
    12-18-2011 08:58 AM
    Fair enough. Hope you're right.
    12-18-2011 08:58 AM
    Found this:
    My order just changed to "backordered"
    32GB Champagne tablet only order place 12/2

edit:
    Gentlemen, I come to you with news from the interwebs.
    Doing some searching of BB and history of preorders showing "backordered" I have what I hope is factual and uplifting news.

Per BB FAQ:
    Backorders

If an item you've ordered is on backorder, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know the estimated arrival time. You can choose to wait for the item or cancel it. Backorders remain active for 30 days.

If after 30 days the item is still on backorder, we will automatically cancel the item. We will e-mail you 5 days before we cancel the item to ask if you would like to extend the backorder. At that time, you may extend the backorder by contacting us. Extension periods vary by product.

Best Buy does not charge your credit card until the item is shipped. If you used PayPal, your PayPal account was charged at the time you placed the order.

Backorders benefit from our online price guarantee. If the price drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price.
    A response from a BB rep on backordered preorders:
    From my experience, whenever a pre-order item is changed to backorder status this generally means that the order in the process of being fulfilled.
    What my take on this is, if you have not received an email stating specifically your item is on backorder then your order is being processed. ...God I hope so...
    12-18-2011 09:03 AM
    Gentlemen, I come to you with news from the interwebs.
    Doing some searching of BB and history of preorders showing "backordered" I have what I hope is factual and uplifting news.

Per BB FAQ:
    Backorders

If an item you've ordered is on backorder, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know the estimated arrival time. You can choose to wait for the item or cancel it. Backorders remain active for 30 days.

If after 30 days the item is still on backorder, we will automatically cancel the item. We will e-mail you 5 days before we cancel the item to ask if you would like to extend the backorder. At that time, you may extend the backorder by contacting us. Extension periods vary by product.

Best Buy does not charge your credit card until the item is shipped. If you used PayPal, your PayPal account was charged at the time you placed the order.

Backorders benefit from our online price guarantee. If the price drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price.
    A response from a BB rep on backordered preorders:
    From my experience, whenever a pre-order item is changed to backorder status this generally means that the order is in the process of being fulfilled.
    What my take on this is, if you have not received an email stating specifically your item is on backorder then your order is being processed. ...God I hope so...
    12-18-2011 09:03 AM
    LOL Willthegamer18!
    I'm on it.
    12-18-2011 09:07 AM
    A guy on the BB forums just posted this...

Mine just went to status "order in process of being fulfilled" ships in 1-2 days. The option to cancel also disappearred finally! I ordered mine day after thanksgiving, the gray one.
    12-18-2011 09:11 AM
    A guy on the BB forums just posted this...
    My BB order status changed today as well from "release 18th", to "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days."

The dock however states "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 7 - 14 days.".

Also, the option to cancel has been removed.

Tablet: 32gb Gray
    Dock: Gray

-Peter
    12-18-2011 09:56 AM
    OK, I finally broke down and just called the 888 number.
    Apparently, go figure, they have been flooded with calls about this matter all morning. I got a confident and hopefully accurate answer. Here is the gist of my conversation with a BB rep.

Me: I preordered the Transformer Prime and my order status now says backordered.
    BB rep: We have been getting calls all morning about this. What has happened is the release date of the Transformer Prime is set to tomorrow. Your order would have shown today. The system is one day behind thus the "backordered" notice.
    Me: Are you sure?
    BB rep: Yes. If your order was unable to be fulfilled you would have received an email stating your order had be canceled.
    Me: Are you sure? In the FAQ it said BB would hold my order for 30 days on backorder before canceling.
    BB rep: Not with a preorder.
    Me: You sure?
    BB rep: Yes.
    Me: You're not just blowing smoke up my ***?
    BB rep No.
    Me: Do online orders take priority over B&M orders?
    BB rep: Yes. All preorders will be fulfilled before any orders from B&M stores receive shipments. Meaning you can not walk into a B&M and pick one up tomorrow if preorders are sold out.

Hope this helps.
    dalvik and MsAhaDroid like this.
    12-18-2011 10:28 AM
    " Me: You're not just blowing smoke up my ***?"
    hahaha you really told him that ? well hopefully we'll see some progress tomorrow...
    12-18-2011 10:31 AM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD