Multiple SD cards??

hyrulejedi86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here's a thought. I preorderd the 64gb prime but it seems that it will not make it here in time for christmas. I was thinking, i only have 10gb of media to put on it (home pictures and movies) What I was wondering was if I got say 3 or 4 microSD cards and put my movies on them and just put them in the tablet when I wanted to watch the movies would there be any disadvantage to that as opposed to having a micro SD card always in the device. Does it put info on the card such as pictures and stuff the way phones do?

I'm trying to rationalize buying the 32gb if I find it in the store this week instead of waiting for the 64.

Thoughts?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The TP will likely do the same as the TF does now and the internal 64gb is mounted as an sdcard and it uses as the primary sdcard for saving standard items like photos, downloads, etc. There are sd cards as large as 128gb that can be used by the present TF just fine. So there really isn't much reason to get the 64gb version over the 32gb in most cases.

And yes there is np swapping sdcards often. I use one 8gb for my NES/SNES/PSX ROMS and another 8gb for some movies.

Reactions: hyrulejedi86

hyrulejedi86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, that's what I was wondering. I started getting curious if the prime could only read up to a 32gb card because alot of devices will say something like "expandable up to 32gb of external storage" So I wasn't sure if it was limited like that.