Just curious is anyone has seen a Prime in the stores today like Best Buy?

Getting ready to head down to my local one once they open.

L
    12-19-2011 10:42 AM
    Little update, just got off the phone with and East coast store, they thought Wednesday.
    12-19-2011 10:48 AM
    I looked in two Best Buys............ neither one had any, and had no idea when they would....

Shelly
    12-19-2011 10:49 AM
    What I am hearing is that BB won't be stocking any in the store until all their pre-orders are filled. It makes sense...why would BB allocate stock to a store if there were still customers waiting for their order?
    12-19-2011 11:26 AM
    why does asus handle this so poorly.. I mean they dont have alot of mainstream attention like apple it just irritating they easily could of done a mass production launch date with instore and preorders taken care of
    12-19-2011 11:47 AM
    I work right next to a best buy so stopped over when they opened. The manager stated that they were informed this morning that they would not be shipped any until sometime in January and after all preorders have been fulfilled. Sounds like it might be awhile before we see them in stores.
    12-19-2011 12:41 PM
    Just got off the phone with asus and they said it was released today but no confirmation on where or how many. Anyone see them at any nest buys?

FIT
    12-19-2011 12:41 PM
    why does asus handle this so poorly.. I mean they dont have alot of mainstream attention like apple it just irritating they easily could of done a mass production launch date with instore and preorders taken care of
    Its not always easy for a company to be able to estimate demand, especially with a new platform. Asus has issued a statement that they are making the prime a priority until the pre-orders are fulfilled. This is right off the front page:

Here's the official line from ASUS:

ďASUS started filling the inventory pipelines this past week for our new Eee Pad Transformer Prime and will continue to do so on an expedited basis for the foreseeable future. We will reach normal inventory levels in January for the North American market based on current orders and forecasts. Based on forecasted supply schedules to our valued partners we expect pre-order allocation fulfillment to occur shortly and online or in-store availability in the very near future. We will continue to work closely with our partners to fill customer orders as quickly as possible.Ē
    12-19-2011 12:43 PM
    wanted to take a look at it in person at a BB here in Atlanta.
    BB said they'll have them on shelf in 2 weeks after the holiday. :-(

I wouldn't even care if they were sold out at the store, all I wanted was to see and play with the demonstration unit in person.
    12-19-2011 02:24 PM
    Everyone in my family got tablets this year for xmas I'll be the one showing them what all they can do and I'll be trying to patiently wait until the first time i see it selling, and I'm going to be watching it like a hawk lol wish i had pre ordered now!!
    12-19-2011 02:28 PM
    wanted to take a look at it in person at a BB here in Atlanta.
    BB said they'll have them on shelf in 2 weeks after the holiday. :-(

I wouldn't even care if they were sold out at the store, all I wanted was to see and play with the demonstration unit in person.
    Try calling your local GameStops in the area. Not all of them carry them, but I found out the one closest to me carries Tablets. Sadly, they are only getting pre-orders in on the 23rd and they are full ATM, but there was an Transformer Prime on display to play around with. Was quite cool!
    12-19-2011 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD