Playing with the prime the last 30mins

illmatic13

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Only annoying issue with mine is the stock browser force closing a lot and lagging when scrolling or clicking links, but other than that and a few small bugs that could be worked out, it works fine and I'm loving it. I compared the speaker to my brother's ipad speaker and the ipad doesn't blow it away, and if anything is just a little louder. I have the 32 gb gray from gamestop.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Acer 500 also has all metal blocking the antennas and has awful wifi. Anandtech mentions the Prime does not have a plastic window for the wifi, so Asus tried to correct with two antennas, but still significantly weaker range then the Transformer 1.

This could be a big weak spot for the device and would expect a design change in the near future to add a window. Well, I hope they do, since I returned the A500 due to weak wifi and use a Flyer and Thrive (both have great wifi range).

Was looking forward to the Prime, but will wait to see if corrected.

Evergreen4

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Acer 500 also has all metal blocking the antennas and has awful wifi. Anandtech mentions the Prime does not have a plastic window for the wifi, so Asus tried to correct with two antennas, but still significantly weaker range then the Transformer 1.

This could be a big weak spot for the device and would expect a design change in the near future to add a window. Well, I hope they do, since I returned the A500 due to weak wifi and use a Flyer and Thrive (both have great wifi range).

Was looking forward to the Prime, but will wait to see if corrected.

Same here... What I don't understand is what kind of tests did Asus run with the device before they release it to the market... :(

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

MsAhaDroid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Only annoying issue with mine is the stock browser force closing a lot and lagging when scrolling or clicking links, but other than that and a few small bugs that could be worked out, it works fine and I'm loving it. I compared the speaker to my brother's ipad speaker and the ipad doesn't blow it away, and if anything is just a little louder. I have the 32 gb gray from gamestop.

Goodness how terrible to hear about the browser and wifi capability!!! I am hopeful that the soon to be released ICS update fixes the browser issue. Not sure that the wifi issue is fixable for us getting the tablet in this shipment. Since I still don?t have my Prime, I still have time to cancel and am thinking long and hard about canceling. This is the first preorder that I?ve done and did so after much, much research. Now I'm thinking about the iPad2 because I don't have a clue what else is out there that is just at good sounding as the Prime. :'(

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Goodness how terrible to hear about the browser and wifi capability!!! I am hopeful that the soon to be released ICS update fixes the browser issue. Not sure that the wifi issue is fixable for us getting the tablet in this shipment. Since I still don?t have my Prime, I still have time to cancel and am thinking long and hard about canceling. This is the first preorder that I?ve done and did so after much, much research. Now I'm thinking about the iPad2 because I don't have a clue what else is out there that is just at good sounding as the Prime. :'(

exactly! that's what i'm thinking to do too. while browser is probably not going to be a big issue for me, wifi definitely will. I have my ipad 2 right now but it is sooo limited that's why I ordered prime.... I will probably cancel my order today and wait for more people to review it and perhaps even wait for an ICS update and maybe then I'll consider buying it...

illmatic13

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Goodness how terrible to hear about the browser and wifi capability!!! I am hopeful that the soon to be released ICS update fixes the browser issue. Not sure that the wifi issue is fixable for us getting the tablet in this shipment. Since I still don’t have my Prime, I still have time to cancel and am thinking long and hard about canceling. This is the first preorder that I’ve done and did so after much, much research. Now I'm thinking about the iPad2 because I don't have a clue what else is out there that is just at good sounding as the Prime. :'(

Although the browser issue is disappointing I'm pretty sure that is fixable in a software update and all the small bugs should be worked out by the time it gets the ICS update. As far as the wfi issue I haven't experienced any issues with it but honestly I haven't used my tablet in any part of the house yet besides in the room above the router. The issues in my opinion are definetly not onthe level of canceling your order over it and jumping on the ipad 2. The ipad 2 is definetly the smoothest tablet on on the market but you'll mostly get bored of the OS in a few months. At least I did, I'm coming from an iphone 4 and used my brother's ipad almost all the time. I ended up getting the Galaxy Nexus and the Transformer Prime and love them both. Goodluck with your decision though! You can't go wrobg with either I just think you're getting more for your money with the prime and also keep in mind the ipad is about to get updated.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Although the browser issue is disappointing I'm pretty sure that is fixable in a software update .....

could you please tell me if the text reflow works properly in the stock browser? ( zoom in, double tap) or if its not then does it work in opera browser at least. this is one of the main issues (among many other) i hate on my ipad 2. i was so surprised to find that on my SGSII Skyrocket zoom in double tap doesnt work either. so im using opera on it.
thank you.

MsAhaDroid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Although the browser issue is disappointing I'm pretty sure that is fixable in a software update and all the small bugs should be worked out by the time it gets the ICS update. As far as the wfi issue I haven't experienced any issues with it but honestly I haven't used my tablet in any part of the house yet besides in the room above the router. The issues in my opinion are definetly not onthe level of canceling your order over it and jumping on the ipad 2. The ipad 2 is definetly the smoothest tablet on on the market but you'll mostly get bored of the OS in a few months. At least I did, I'm coming from an iphone 4 and used my brother's ipad almost all the time. I ended up getting the Galaxy Nexus and the Transformer Prime and love them both. Goodluck with your decision though! You can't go wrobg with either I just think you're getting more for your money with the prime and also keep in mind the ipad is about to get updated.

You are so right and thanks for sharing about your experience with the Prime. Glad to hear you have no issues even when in the room above where the router is located. I just quickly looked at the iPad2, Samsung Galaxy 10.1, Sony Tablet S and compared with the Prime on cnet reviews and the Prime is the clear winner for me and my tablet needs. My family has the iPad and iPad2 and I get bored with its OS within minutes of using the tablets. What?s also nice is that ICS is promised in January so the wait shouldn?t be too long, we hope.

Thank you for the sound advice!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar