Hi I got my Prime yesterday and wanted to test some 1080p video and I notice it wasn't decoding the h.264 on the hardware level. Isn't h.264 one of the supported codec for hardware decode. It's wrap in a mkv file if that matter.
    12-20-2011 09:54 AM
    try switching it to MPG that what I use I tryed mkv and my galaxy tab acts funky
    12-20-2011 03:47 PM
    It can decode h.264 just fine, with 3rd party Video Players. Dice Player on the Market works really well, but the "Paid" version seems to be gone at the moment. Dice player is awesome and plays everything I throw at it, but until the paid version shows back up, try out MX Video Player. You may need the Tegra plugin to make it work, but try it out first without and see how it does.

Anand did a really good review testing all kinds of video codecs. He was able to play 1080p H.264 high profile streams at up to 40Mbps just fine.

Video Playback: Blu-ray Quality in a Tablet
    12-20-2011 05:27 PM
    actually my audio on mpg is out of tune it werid
    but it playing from a sd card tho
    12-20-2011 07:38 PM
    I tried Dice and it does work beautifully but I can't buy it.
    MX so far is not working out and I can't find the tegra 2 plug in for MX player.
    12-20-2011 09:01 PM
    It can decode h.264 just fine, with 3rd party Video Players. Dice Player on the Market works really well, but the "Paid" version seems to be gone at the moment. Dice player is awesome and plays everything I throw at it, but until the paid version shows back up, try out MX Video Player. You may need the Tegra plugin to make it work, but try it out first without and see how it does.

Anand did a really good review testing all kinds of video codecs. He was able to play 1080p H.264 high profile streams at up to 40Mbps just fine.

Video Playback: Blu-ray Quality in a Tablet
    this is what i was going to point out, anandtech did a great review, actually they said mkv files play on the tablet fine.
    12-20-2011 09:15 PM
    this is what i was going to point out, anandtech did a great review, actually they said mkv files play on the tablet fine.
    I saw the review and I was quite excited about the 10 hrs video playback but without Dice Player, I can't get my videos to HW decode.
    12-20-2011 09:46 PM
    Give MoboPlayer by Mobo Team.

I currently use it on my Galaxy Nexus and plan to use it on my Prime when it arrives. I used to use it on my T-Bolt as well and it played everything I throw at it without issues. I tried all the others and yes, they seem to work with some files and all have their own little quirks, but I kept going back to MoboPlayer
    12-20-2011 10:01 PM
    Rockplayer is also a real good video player that u won't have to download additional plugins to play other formats.
    12-20-2011 10:15 PM
    Have heard good things about both Rock and Mobo player. Use Mobo on my Tbolt and it works really well. I plan on using that on my Prime as well
    12-21-2011 12:54 AM
    I have tried pretty much every video player I can find on Market including Mobo Player with the armv7 codec and Rock Player. No go on the HW decode with those player. Dice Player is the only one that works.
    12-21-2011 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD