My first Impressions

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I havent had a chance to play with the tablet to much, had it for about 5 hours. heres my impressions so far. I am coming from owning a Xoom From day 1. Ordered mine from Bestbuy And im still waiting on the Dock from them, should be ready for store pick up saturday.
First thing is the design/build quality, I got the Grey version,and it is very very nice and has a solid build, the aluminum body is amazing the weight and the size feels just right. I wasn't sure how I would like the bigger bezel, but i love it, I can actually hold it with one hand without clicking other stuff on the screen. One thing it is def a finger print magnet, but they do wipe off very easy.
The hardware seems to be ok im not a fan of losing the micro USB but ill get used to it. the one thing that semi aggravates me is the Speakers, I really wish they would of went with stereo speakers, "one on each side of the tablet". Dont get me wrong the speakers on the one side are very loud and clear, the bass sounds really good also. The placement of them is awkward, depending on how you hold the tablet you hand will block the speaker. I like where they place the head phone jack, on the right side. The lock/power button is in a nice place also.
So far on the software side of things everything seems to be ok besides a few things that bother me. This screen looks incredible compared to my Xoom, its night and day difference. viewing angles are nice also.This tab is very fast, also haven't lagged hardly at all. actually the only lag I have gotten so far is when it was downloading all 98 of my apps. I do notice sometimes I have to click twice for it to register my finger, which is kind of annoying. I loved how it loaded everything onto this that I had on my xoom, hell it even loaded my same background, that was pretty cool. The haptic feedback is weird to me when clicking the back button sometimes it vibrates pretty hard other times I can hardly feel it, it just sounds off, like I can hear the motor or something. I haven't had a tab that vibrates so this may be normal, but im betting it has something to to with how thin the device is and the aluminum build .The wireless strength is defiantly lower than my Xoom, sitting right next to my Xoom it shows 2 bars and the Xoom shows 3.
I cant comment of battery life quite yet but i have been using it pretty heavily, and its been on battery for 1:43 and i have 95% battery left. I do recommend downloading Volume +, it does help crank the volume a bit, and really makes the speakers loud. If you have any questions just ask.

jonnberg

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What about storage space? I haven't had an Android tablet yet, but with my 16GB Photon, there is around 3GB of application installation space and 8GB of "user space" for pictures, data, etc. On my iPad, there is no distinction between application installation space and user space.

How does it work on the Prime?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
@OP

thanks for giving us your input. as those of us who are stuck waiting really get excited to read things as these to help pass the time.

can you tell me, I'm debating between the 32 and 64, and my question to you, is there mention in the manual of how large the sd card can go?

Cmotion

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
What about storage space? I haven't had an Android tablet yet, but with my 16GB Photon, there is around 3GB of application installation space and 8GB of "user space" for pictures, data, etc. On my iPad, there is no distinction between application installation space and user space.

How does it work on the Prime?

Would like to know about this as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk