Incompatible Apps?

xtreme381

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but is anyone noticing that certain Apps are unavailable to download from the market? I looked for Modern Combat 3 and the Amazon App in the Market but neither are coming up in my search. When I went to the MC3 page in the Market through a browser search it said the App was not compatible with my device. Is anyone else having this problem or know what the cause of it is?

Gersonian

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Major issue with Android tablets is a lack of app optimization. Check out the app "tablified." It is basically the Android market but filtered to only show the stuff for tablets. Just know that some things on there might be missing.

Reactions: Treknologist

flaxbourton

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if "incompatible" means that it won't work or just hasn't been set up to be visible yet and can be installed via another route such as downloading from the PC...

hyrulejedi86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My guess is they would work but their resolution is set lower or they aren't "optimized" for a tablet so by default they say it is incompatible.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've read of people here on AC grabbing the apk for an app and manually installing it to their tablets with it working completely fine, although it wouldn't show up in the market for them originally. Other times, it doesn't work well at all (the resolution is messed up or something). Give it a go if you know what you're doing.

xtreme381

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I tried a couple of methods to get Amazon and MC3 on my tablet but I guess I'll have to wait and pray that they will work with ICS

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The hope is that this will be addressed once ICS is on the tablets. I'm getting my first tablet next week (the Transformer Prime), so I'm glad to see this Tablified app is available to help find apps that are optimized for Honeycomb.

xtreme381

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought it may have been something to do with the Transformer Prime hardware because in the reviews of MC3 in the Market I saw some people say they had it on their Xoom. Maybe I read it wrong. Thanks for Tablified App; works like a dream.

I'm actually surprised that Amazon doesn't have a compatible App.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke