**UPDATED AGAIN: Video of my Prime's Touch Screen Malfunctioning

bbn10s

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Video of my Prime's Touch Screen Malfunctioning..

czm2000, i did the new update and it seems the screen sensitivity is better. However, recognition is still pretty bad. When typing, after a word or two it wont register a press therefore making typing a nightmare still. FYI, bjs.com had them in stock yesterday. I ordered one and supposedly it should be here in a week. Check them out if your still wanting to get one, hopefully they still have them in stock!

Reactions: czm2000

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Oh man, that's not very encouraging. Thanks for the update though. There's enough people with decent screens though that I think it's worth another try. Thanks for the bjs.com tip! Gonna check it out right now.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

czm2000, i did the new update and it seems the screen sensitivity is better. However, recognition is still pretty bad. When typing, after a word or two it wont register a press therefore making typing a nightmare still. FYI, bjs.com had them in stock yesterday. I ordered one and supposedly it should be here in a week. Check them out if your still wanting to get one, hopefully they still have them in stock!

Thanks again for the tip. Flipped the extra $10 for 2 day express shipping (I'm so damn impatient). Order confirmation email says I'll have it in 2-3 business days. Hopefully by Friday, but honestly, I'll only believe it when I have a tracking number.

Thanks again!

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Sucks they won't let you pick a color at checkout. My last one was Grey which was my preference this time too. But I just logged in to see that they're shipping me the Champagne. I think I'm okay with it, especially since I recently read it's more silver than gold. I know I wouldn't like gold. But silver'ish I can definitely handle.

Can anyone comment on the Champagne color? Any good?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

I like it, but, it was my preference anyway when I compared the two colors online through google images lol. It is definitely more silver than it looks online though. But it also has a gold tint to it. Kind of hard to explain, but with that big shiny circle of a glare on the back of all their "metallic-spun" products, you probably won't notice anyway.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Cool. Good to hear. I'm gonna have it in a case anyway, so I don't know why I'm being so picky :p

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

I know it's a little early to be celebrating since I only just cracked it open, but I just got my replacement Prime and the difference on the touch screen is day and night compared to my first. Plus I double checked and it came with .27 right out of the box. So I'm super stoked cause typing on it is great and that's before the update.

It's just finished downloading the .33 update so we'll see how everything is after that. I'm very encouraged though.

Stay tuned...

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I know it's a little early to be celebrating since I only just cracked it open, but I just got my replacement Prime and the difference on the touch screen is day and night compared to my first. Plus I double checked and it came with .27 right out of the box. So I'm super stoked cause typing on it is great and that's before the update.

It's just finished downloading the .33 update so we'll see how everything is after that. I'm very encouraged though.

Stay tuned...

Great!! :-D

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

So far so good. I think it's a keeper. Everything is working very well. There was definitely something wrong with the last one. This one's much better.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

So far so good. I think it's a keeper. Everything is working very well. There was definitely something wrong with the last one. This one's much better.

I am so happy for you! That is really great news! Just goes to show, if you really have something wrong with yours, it's definitely possible to take it back and get one that works correctly! :) Congratulations man!

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

I am so happy for you! That is really great news! Just goes to show, if you really have something wrong with yours, it's definitely possible to take it back and get one that works correctly! :) Congratulations man!

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. And I mean for this experience to encourage others since I had a pretty bad dud, and now it have a really good one.

The only thing I can find wrong is the haptic feedback. It definitely sounds weird. Kind of rattly. The first Prime I had the haptic feed back motor was solid and strong. I got a real confident buzz when clicking something. This one is weak and has a faint lose sounding rattle. But I just turned it off and am going to pretend it doesn't have it, since everything else is great (with the exception of a little lag in the default browser, but I don't use that).

By the way, you were right. I'm really digging the Chamagne color :)

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Hahaha yeah just turn the haptic off unless you really like it. I don't use it except for notifications of e-mail/google+ or when I turn the tablet on/off. Otherwise, I don't like keyboards that vibrate anyway. If I had to receive a prime that has a problem with it, I'd definitely want it to be the vibration motor.
Glad you like the champagne. It's not as bad as most people seem to think - quite silver-gold-ish. :)

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: UPDATED: Video of my Prime's Touch Screen Malfunctioning

Per your request, here is a video I just did doing the same test and it shows that my new Prime is not experiencing the random dead spots anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9THIsVRtpk

Thanks for your interest.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Wow, that's a big difference! It's great! Looks just like my video I posted in response to your messed up one, now. Loved your ending to this one btw, lol. Hoping that weak vibration is your only issue from here on out :)

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow, that's a big difference! It's great! Looks just like my video I posted in response to your messed up one, now. Loved your ending to this one btw, lol. Hoping that weak vibration is your only issue from here on out :)

Yepper.

What vibration, don't even realize these had that feature ;D

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Well, all I can say is I gave it my best shot. My Prime is unusable. This is my second one and I'm not interested in going through this a third time. I'm so bummed as I love this thing and have been going strong.

I got home, had some dinner, went over and sat down to do some CES reading and turned it on and wamo. Its shot. I'm not rooted and haven't even installed anything in over 24 hours. I can't even get to the settings to do a hard reset and rebooting doesnt work :-( this sucks.

This is before a reboot...
View attachment 20270

This is after a reboot...
View attachment 20271

When I click back or the alerts to get a menu nothing happens.

I'm just at a loss for words.

I guess now I'll wait a little bit before taking the plunge again.

Good luck to everyone. Hope you do better than I have.

Sent from my GS2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad