It's been said that the microSD card slot on the tablet itself is built in such a way that the microSD card does not completely enter the tablet, instead sticking out slightly.

For those tiny few who have the keyboard dock: Is it the same situation with the regular SD port on the keyboard dock? Does the SD card enter completely, or does it stick out just like the microSD card on the tablet?

Thanks for any input. Still waiting on my keyboard dock from Amazon.
    01-04-2012 01:23 PM
    My SD card on the dock sticks out a hair. Its not totally flush but really close. Its just enough to use my finger tip to click it in/out.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-04-2012 03:29 PM
    Thanks yazoo, I'm happy to hear it's pretty close to flush.
    Evergreen4 likes this.
    01-04-2012 03:36 PM
    Drives me nuts how much the micro sd card sticks out on the Prime. My finger would catch it all the time. I was actually considerimg filing it down a hair just to bring it in a bit. But I hesitate because it is an expensive 32GB Class 10 version.

Sent from my GS2
    01-04-2012 11:42 PM
    Drives me nuts how much the micro sd card sticks out on the Prime. My finger would catch it all the time. I was actually considerimg filing it down a hair just to bring it in a bit. But I hesitate because it is an expensive 32GB Class 10 version.

Sent from my GS2
    Wow seriously? Please don't do this.
    01-05-2012 11:16 AM

Sent from my GS2
    Hahaha if you have experience, go right ahead! I don't have any experience with that sort of stuff. :-)
    I just bought a 32GB Class 10 SD card (I'd rather deal with SDs instead of microSDs because I like to use them in my Panasonic Lumix-DMC ZS3 camera as well). :-)

Newegg usually has nice shipping but I haven't bought from them in a long time - now I'm not as happy. I feel like my package is taking quite awhile with no word from the tracking on where it is currently...the tracking hasn't updated for 3 days. Bugging the hell out of me - perhaps I'm too used to Amazon these days...

Anyway, do you think Class 10 will be quick enough to play full HD movies off of, on the Prime? I don't care if it's overkill, but if it's not good enough, I'll care.
    01-05-2012 01:46 PM
    agree with the almost flush response. just popped in a microsd to sd adapter and it didn't stick out that badly. sticks out the same as the dummy placeholder that comes in there. i'm sure you can find a pic of that in a review or something
    01-07-2012 01:00 AM
    agree with the almost flush response. just popped in a microsd to sd adapter and it didn't stick out that badly. sticks out the same as the dummy placeholder that comes in there. i'm sure you can find a pic of that in a review or something
    Great comparison, really useful! Thanks! I still happen to have that placeholder thing.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone played Princess Punt, free from the Tegra Zone? I am so addicted...I didn't even like it for the first 15 minutes, and now I've been playing it for 3 hours straight. Kind of fun if you like Angry Birds mixed with an RPG leveling/grinding/equipping feel.
    01-07-2012 01:22 AM
    Hmmm, I didn't feel that the SD slot protrusion was noticeably different from the microSD slot protrusion. But then again, I didn't find the microSD protrusion to be particularly intrusive.
    01-07-2012 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD