Looking for a dock? THIS WORKS!

D4RkNIKON

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You CAN CURRENTLY get the Grey dock at ANY Best Buy store. They are still not available to order online and you will not find the device in the store that day, but they are obtainable. The process is as follows.

1) Simply walk into said Best Buy.
2) Head to the computer department and find someone who does not look stupid.
3) Tell them you would like to do an OMS order for the Asus transformer prime dock.
4) They will say they cant do it and cant find a SKU.
5) Give them this sku: 4175048
6) They will be able to OMS ship either to that store...or to your house.
7) Wait a week or so, depending on when you order...(Our trucks come from the Chicago warehouse every Thusday night so it totally depends on when that store gets shipments from its warehouse)
8) Recieve your dock ahead of schedule.

This does work as I have done it for myself and have a dock on it's way by January14th.

I read about this over on the XDA forums here Great News From Best Buy! (Docks and Devices) - xda-developers
Everyone that has tried this said it worked for them and I just did it today. I can't wait!

Reactions: sbrec06

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Do note that while this does work INSTORE, you CANNOT DO IT OVER THE PHONE. I am currently on the phone with my local store now, and they can't do an OMS over the phone, but can do something called "Express Order." I am still being transferred, but I thought I should let you all know.

D4RkNIKON

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I read on the other forum that you can't do it over the phone. It was really easy to do in store tho. Also it helps to go to the section where they sell the tablets and get some one over there to help you.

I can't believe it actually worked! My order on amazon said it would be shipped by February so it feels great to get it early!

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I read on the other forum that you can't do it over the phone. It was really easy to do in store tho. Also it helps to go to the section where they sell the tablets and get some one over there to help you.

I can't believe it actually worked! My order on amazon said it would be shipped by February so it feels great to get it early!

You are very lucky! I am still on the phone waiting to do Express Order. I doubt anything will work though. I have heard the dock was on BB's website for some time today before being sold out. I wonder if I can go in store tomorrow and do an OMS even though it was available for some time but it not anymore. I am sure it wouldn't be a problem though.

D4RkNIKON

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It should work. When I went in they were not available on the website. This is kind of a loophole and it has worked for a bunch of people over at the XDA forums

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I just got off the phone with my local store after trying to do an express order. Everything was going smoothly until we got to the shipping part of the order. They are not able to ship it to the store, OR to my house. Tomorrow I will go in and try to do an OMS.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand if this gives you a grey dock, a champagne dock, or you get to choose? I need the champagne to match my tablet. Any clarification? I figured a SKU was for a specific type of item, so I am wondering if the grey dock has a different SKU than the champagne?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand if this gives you a grey dock, a champagne dock, or you get to choose? I need the champagne to match my tablet. Any clarification? I figured a SKU was for a specific type of item, so I am wondering if the grey dock has a different SKU than the champagne?

It does. the SKU for the champagne dock is 4222113. It should work with an OMS order, as OMS orders work for many items. It's not just something for the Gray Dock. Someone on the XDA forum posted a link talking about OMS orders if you'd like more info.

Reactions: Jonneh

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Great news for me, then! Thank you very much! :) I might give this a shot at BB tomorrow after work.

cruelkix

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I just went over to my Best Buy and this did not work. They guy tried a few things for me but in the end was unable to do an OMS order for me. He said the system told him that it was "deleted" or something to the effect of that.

Hope you guys have better luck... Maybe they caught on?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I just went over to my Best Buy and this did not work. They guy tried a few things for me but in the end was unable to do an OMS order for me. He said the system told him that it was "deleted" or something to the effect of that.

Hope you guys have better luck... Maybe they caught on?

Oh god. Now I am really scared. I had a feeling this would happen. :/

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
That sucks cruelkix... I can confirm as of now this works. Just got back from my local BB and dock will arrive for in-store pickup 1/11/12. Its not a catch, they do this for many items. Its great when there's a sale and the store has none in stock. I would've tried another associate.

mycheriea

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Both the tablet and the dock, in grey, are available on the Best Buy website. I found the dock by typing Asus dock in the search box, will arrive at the store 1-10-12. I found the tablet by typing Asus Transformer in the search box and ordered the tablet last night, will be at my door 1-13-12. I just checked, both are still available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781