ICS Quick Tips

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Not only can you dismiss an alert by swiping right on it. You can also close a program. Tap the multi-task button and then swipe a program to the right to close it. Love it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Reactions: blacknoir

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Great idea for a thread here in the Prime forums, I think a lot of us will make use of it. Keep 'em coming. :)

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I asked this in the XDA forums, maybe last week and got some replies, all saying yes, but I guess they unintentionally got it wrong. Is there face unlock with ICS on the prime? I looked through all the security unlocks, and saw no option to do one. I don't really need it, I just wanted to try it out.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I asked this in the XDA forums, maybe last week and got some replies, all saying yes, but I guess they unintentionally got it wrong. Is there face unlock with ICS on the prime? I looked through all the security unlocks, and saw no option to do one. I don't really need it, I just wanted to try it out.

I don't see a way. Pretty sure it's a no go.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

Keep in mind that this isn't a Pure Google implementation of ICS. There's no guarantee Asus included all the features you get on things like the Galaxy Nexus.

Based on how fast they got this to market, i'm sure they had to make some concessions and omit features. If you want to setup Face unlock and it's available on the Prime you can go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock and choose Face Unlock. I don't have my Prime with me at work so I can't confirm it's available.

For the most part I think Face Unlock is a gimmick, I've never been able to get it to work on my Galaxy Nexus. But it's fun to play with if you haven't yet.

lonswain

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just received the ICS upgrade. It seems to have broken my ability to tether to my phone (Epic 4g) which was working flawlessly under Honeycomb. Anyone tethering with a similar issue?

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a terrible time with my prime now that I've updated to 4.0.3. In ALL of my browsers the screen keeps "flickering" so the whole screen is covered with black bars and pages are unresponsive until u tap a few times. Terribly annoying and an obvious problem. This happens in my default browser and in Dolphin HD. Ideas???

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't have mine yet, so this is a guess. I'm running isc on nexus and when upgrading, the apps a made for gingerbread, you might be carrying over data from honeycomb, so an idea would be to go to Settings, Apps, open these and clear datamonntose programs. Reboot and try again

Sow thanks by giving results if this works for you so others can use

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12