Is battery not really full at 100%?

FrogDog8276

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the Prime's battery charges much faster than any device I've ever owned. Does this mean that the battery indicator isn't exactly accurate and that's why ASUS says you should charge the battery for at least eight hours?

Any thoughts? :confused:

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the Prime's battery charges much faster than any device I've ever owned. Does this mean that the battery indicator isn't exactly accurate and that's why ASUS says you should charge the battery for at least eight hours?

Any thoughts? :confused:

Nope, i don't believe it means that.

I didn't charge mine for 8hrs. There's not reason technically that you need to charge an Lithium Ion battery like that, it doesn't develop a memory like the older batteries did.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
In addition, there's no need or added benefit to "power cycling" lithium ion batteries, regardless of what anyone here on the internet tries to tell you.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
In addition, there's no need or added benefit to "power cycling" lithium ion batteries, regardless of what anyone here on the internet tries to tell you.

yeah, lithium ion batteries have a lifetime set by a number charge cycles and a cycle is a full 100% of use...regardless of how that's used.

So if you charge to 100%, use to 50%, charge to 100% and use to 50% that's one cycle.

By that logic, it doesn't matter if you use 1%, charge for 1%, 100 times. that's still only one cycle.

My guess, someone in marketing that wrote the manual for the Transformer and wasn't a battery tech and that's why it tells you to charge for 8 hrs. Either that for there is something in the Transformer that resets the battery stats after an 8hrs solid charge.

who knows.

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons the manual might state that is that the Firmware Update will not run with less than 50% power and the tabs almost always come fully discharged. One of the first things to do with a new Tablet is to check for firmware updates hence the advice to charge the tablet before use. Now I have a TF101 not a Prime but I believe the restriction is more the ASUS implementation of Honeycomb based than hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech